El Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico se encuentra en el distrito Santurce de San Juan; Los autobuses A5 y B21 paran justo afuera.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Museum of Art of Puerto Rico is ideal for art and culture lovers.
- Admission fees may vary.
- Check the calendar for concerts and festivals.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Take your kids to the child-oriented section downstairs.
- Take a relaxing break in the leafy sculpture garden.
Ideas de viaje
How to Get There
The Museum of Art of Puerto Rico is 3.9 miles (6.3 kilometers) from Old San Juan. Walk to Terminal Covadonga bus station to catch the T3 Estacion Sagrado Corazon Bus to Reverendo Ollengo. From there, walk a few minutes to the museum.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily except Tuesday, from morning until evening. Visit in the early hours to avoid the crowds. Weather year-round on the island is pleasant. Peak season runs from December through March. An ideal time to visit is mid-April to June, when the crowds have left.
Museum Hopping Soak up San Juan’s rich cultural history by combining a visit to the nearby Museum of History, Anthropology and Art. Located in the campus of Puerto Rico University, this compact museum displays a fascinating collection of pre-Colombian relics. Don’t miss El Velorio (The Wake), the famous painting by Francisco Oller, which depicts the wake of a child’s funeral. Oller created the oversized artwork in 1893 and it is one of very few paintings by the master artist that have survived.
- Centro de Artes Escénicas Luis A. Ferré (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré)
- Bahía de San Juan
- La Calle Loiza
- Bellas Artes Miramar
- Muelles del Viejo San Juan
- Isla Verde
- Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)
- Castillo San Cristóbal
- La Fortaleza (La Fortaleza)
- Paseo de la Princesa
- Capilla de Cristo (Capilla del Cristo)
- Catedral de San Juan (Catedral de San Juan Bautista)
- Mercado de Río Piedras
- Playa de Pine Grove
- Viejo san juan