Naviguez le long du Nil lors d'une croisière de luxe d'une semaine au départ de Louxor. Visitez d'anciens sites tels que les temples d'Abou Simbel, la Vallée des rois, le temple de la Reine Hatchepsout, la ville d'Assouan et de nombreux petits villages au cours de la semaine. Découvrez la riche histoire de l’Égypte ancienne et survolez la ville en montgolfière au cours de cette croisière unique.
Faites une croisière d'une semaine sur le Nil au départ de Louxor et découvrez le sud de l'Égypte
Voir les temples d'Abou Simbel, la Vallée des rois, Assouan, etc.
En savoir plus sur l'histoire de l'Égypte ancienne et profiter d'un vol en montgolfière
Votre hébergement, transport, repas et guide sont inclus
I recently booked this sailing cruise from Luxor for 7 nights. I was somewhat apprehensive because there were no customer reviews and the price seemed too good to be true, especially if you’re lucky enough to book during a sale period when it’s discounted from an already unbelievably low rate. The hot air balloon ride and the Abu Simbel trip alone would cost about half the total price tag if you tried to book them independently. I’m happy to report that this killer deal is true and I had an amazing time in Egypt. Because the description is somewhat vague, I’d like to share some details of my experience departing in mid-December 2018 (and offer a few cautionary points). Of course I can’t guarantee that your experience will mirror mine since I do not work for any of these companies.
- My trip was managed by Cupid Egyptravel (which is no where to be found on this page). They have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and were pleasant to deal with. They promptly replied to my communications via WhatsApp. They checked in a few times to see how my experience was going.
- I was provided with a private guide and driver. This was like a dream come true as I dread group tours. The car was a brand new, ultra clean black sedan and my guide, Ghada, was a very knowledgable, open, and intellectually curious Muslim woman. We had wonderful and enlightening conversations about both ancient and modern Egypt and the five days I spent with her were one of the highlights of my experience. They were also willing to make minor modifications to the schedule based on my personal requests. (Please note that the private guide may be a result of no one else booking on my dates… it is possible you could be paired with others).
- The boat was lovely. Although I was a single traveler, I had my own cabin (outfitted with two beds). It was clean and comfortable. The food was good and plentiful. The staff were courteous and enjoyable to be around. I’m not sure I would characterize it as five stars by western standards but as long as you don’t expect ultra luxury, any budget traveler should be pleased.
- The hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings was fantastic. I felt safe and well cared for. We were in the air almost one hour.
- The itinerary listed under “What to Expect” is not exactly accurate. While all the activities were provided, they happened in a different order than listed.
- I was unable to find out the name of the boat or the exact itinerary in advance. I guess they may engage in last minute juggling and negotiations but I learned the name of the boat as I literally walked on board. I was notified only about 12 hours in advance that my hotel pick-up would be at 7am on Day 1. Cupid Egyptravel had responded to my earlier inquiries, assuring me everything was scheduled but the details remained elusive until the day it began. You need to be willing to go with the flow (it’s Egypt after all). I disembarked early in the morning on Day 8.
- The boat is only cruising for two of the seven days. This was somewhat disappointing (but I believe standard for all cruises). I boarded Friday morning in Luxor and had local tours Friday & Saturday. The boat departed Saturday afternoon and arrived in Aswan Sunday night. It remained docked there until Tuesday afternoon and we arrived back in Luxor Wednesday evening. This means the boat was docked in Luxor 3 nights and in Aswan 2 nights.
- My boat was docked about 30 minutes away from the center of Luxor. This was also frustrating because you can’t easily walk into town (you must negotiate a cab ride). Our location in Aswan was perfect, docked right in the city center. This may vary depending on the specifics of your booking and the ship you are assigned but from what I understand most boats dock outside the center of Luxor.
- Although this tour advertises as “all inclusive”, expect at least $150USD in additional expenses. Temple admissions are not included and average $7-10USD each (this should be listed in exclusions). You also pay for all drinks on the boat, including water (you are welcome to bring anything on board… my cabin even had a fridge). And while tipping is discretionary, it is expected in Egypt. You will tip everyone who offers you services, especially your guide and the crew of the ship (in one envelope on the day of departure).
I share these cautions not because I was disappointed or unhappy with my trip but because they are things I would want to know as an independent traveler. This package is an incredible value. Go to Egypt. You won’t regret it!