As well as getting an adrenaline rush, having a go on the Nevis Swing offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and gorge. If you’re traveling with friends or family and not everyone wants to swing then that’s no problem: there’s a place from where spectators can watch and enjoy the views without having to jump themselves. As access to the swing site isn’t open to the public and can only be reached on the company shuttle bus, all travelers must purchase a package to do this activity.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There’s a minimum age of 10 for the swing. Kids aged 10-14 require signed adult consent.
- Wear flat, enclosed shoes, and bring a sweater as it can get cold.
- Allow four hours for a trip to the swing.
- Professional photos and videos of the swing can be purchased after.
How to Get There
The swing can’t be reached independently. You’ll need to catch the shuttle bus that departs from central Queenstown several times a day. Access is via a rough 4WD track.
Idées de voyage
When to Get There
The swing can be done year-round, and the views are good at any time of year. It may be canceled if there’s strong wind or rain, and the views are less spectacular when the weather is poor anyway. The last bus to the swing site departs central Queenstown mid-afternoon.
Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of New Zealand, and there are many different ways to immerse yourself in the natural beauty while having some fun. If swinging through a canyon isn’t your idea of fun, perhaps a speed boat ride on the Shotover River is. The open-air speed boat zips along the river at 52 miles (85 kilometers) per hour, giving passengers access to areas that are inaccessible any other way.
- Activités à Île du Sud
- Activités à Wanaka
- Activités à Akaroa
- Activités à Picton
- Activités à Wellington
- Activités à Parc national de Tongariro
- Activités à Hastings
- Activités à Rotorua
- Activités à Île du Nord
- Activités à Tasmanie
- Activités à Nouvelle-Galles du Sud
- Activités à Victoria
- Activités à Australie-Méridionale
- Odyssey Sensory Maze Queenstown
- Ferme Walter Peak High Country
- Lac Wakatipu
- Observatoire sous-marin
- Parc ornithologique de Kiwi
- Jardins de Queenstown
- Queenstown Hill
- Skyline Queenstown
- Pont suspendu de Kawarau
- Parcours de golf Jack's Point
- Coronet Peak
- Rivière Kawarau
- Les Remarquables
- Skippers Canyon
- Rivière Shotover