Unlike many museums in which the spectacles are behind glass, Madame Tussauds Washington DC offers an interactive experience. You can get up-close-and-personal with the sculptures and even take selfies with your arm around the likes of George Washington and Taylor Swift. The museum also offers the opportunity to engage with the exhibits through a 360-degree augmented reality experience—put on AR glasses and see the world transform around you.
All the experiences at the museum are self-guided, so you can explore at your own pace and spend as much time as you want with each statue. The augmented reality glasses provide visual and verbal instructions, plus, the museum staff is on hand to help and answer questions if needed. You can stop by the museum on a hop-on hop-off bus tour of DC or visit with the Go Washington DC Explorer Pass.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The museum attracts history buffs as well as art and politics enthusiasts.
- You can purchase tickets online or on arrival—there is no need for reservations.
- Cameras and selfie sticks are welcome at the museum.
- The museum is stroller and wheelchair accessible and the latter is available to borrow on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Get There
Set at the corner of 10th and F Streets in Northwest Washington DC, the museum is within walking distance of attractions such as the National Mall, Chinatown, and Gallery Place. If arriving by Metro, the closest station is Gallery Place/Chinatown (serviced by the Red, Yellow, and Green lines).
Idées de voyage
When to Get There
The indoor, climate-controlled museum is a pleasant place to visit year-round, giving you a chance to escape the heat or cold (depending on the season) that comes with exploring the city’s many outdoor attractions. If you want to avoid lines, visit midweek or during non-peak season.
See Washington DC with an Explorer Pass Madame Tussauds Washington DC is one of many attractions included in the Go Washington DC Explorer Pass. The flexible pass lets you choose three, four, or five activities from over 25 options and can be utilized anytime within 30 days of your first use. This makes it convenient and affordable to visit the wax museum along with enjoying other attractions such as Mt. Vernon or a riverboat cruise.
- Activités à Williamsburg
- Activités à Philadelphie
- Activités à Pittsburg
- Activités à New York
- Activités à Brooklyn
- Activités à Long Island
- Activités à Buffalo
- Activités à Niagara Falls
- Activités à Chutes du Niagara et environs
- Activités à Toronto
- Activités à Boston
- Activités à Charleston
- Activités à Virginie
- Activités à Pennsylvanie
- Activités à Etat de New York
- Maison Petersen
- Théâtre Ford
- Hard Rock Café de Washington DC
- Quartier Penn
- Siège du FBI
- Galerie nationale du portrait
- Église de l'Épiphanie
- Pavillon de l'ancien bureau de poste
- Théâtre national
- Musée national des femmes dans les arts
- Capital One Arena
- Mémorial de la marine américaine
- Place de la Liberté
- Musée des archives nationales
- Centre d'accueil de la Maison Blanche