La cattedrale si trova in Plaza de Abad Penalva ad Alicante. La facciata principale è sul lato est della chiesa. Le messe si svolgono in spagnolo ogni ora la domenica mattina.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, families; the Plaza del Ayuntamiento is a popular place to relax and have an ice cream cone.
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes and sun protection, as well as appropriate dress for visiting the church’s interior.
- Admission is free.xa0
- The church is wheelchair accessible.
- Masses are in Spanish, are offered most days, mornings and evenings; check schedules beforehand.
- Tours may include round trip hotel transfers. Check specific tours for details.
How to Get There
San Nicolás Cathedral is located in Plaza de Abad Penalva in Barrio Santa Cruz, adjacent to Alicante’s Centro district. The main facade is on the east side of the church. Alicante is a great walking city and taxis are readily available as is an extensive public transport network of intercity buses and trams.
When to Get There
San Nicolás Cathedral is open daily, morning through evening. December 6, a special mass celebrates San Nicolás, patron saint of Alicante. With a mild climate, Alicante is lovely to visit year-round. Spring and fall offer warm weather and fewer crowds. Throughout the year, Alicante hosts many festivals, such as June’s San Juan's Bonfires (Hogueras de San Juan), marked by large satirical artistic papier-mâché figures, and fireworks, and Carnival, a three-week fiesta of parades, music, and dancing in March.
San Nicolás, Patron Saint of Alicante
The patron saint of Alicante, San Nicolás, is also known as Nikolaos of Myra or Nikolaos the Wondermaker who was a Chrsitian saint and Greek Bishop of Myra in Turkey, in the 4th century. Of course, most people today know San Nicolás, or St. Nicholas, as the model for Santa Claud, inspired by his secret gift-giving. He is also attributed as looking out for sailors, merchants, archers, children, pawnbrokers, students and repentant thieves.
- Cose da fare a Benidorm
- Cose da fare a Murcia
- Cose da fare a Valencia
- Cose da fare a Ibiza
- Cose da fare a Almeria
- Cose da fare a Maiorca
- Cose da fare a Granada
- Cose da fare a Tarragona
- Cose da fare a Toledo
- Cose da fare a Algeri
- Cose da fare a Madrid
- Cose da fare a Malaga
- Cose da fare a Costa Blanca
- Cose da fare a Region of Murcia
- Cose da fare a Isole Baleari