Shakaland si trova a circa due ore di macchina a nord di Durban, vicino alla città di Eshowe. La strada è ben segnalata da lì, e le strutture includono il pernottamento in tradizionali capanne "alveare".
Things to Know Before You Go
- Shakaland is popular among those who want a better understanding of Zulu culture.
- Overnight accommodations and restaurants are available.
- Shakaland offers wheelchair-accessible activities and accommodations.
- You can purchase souvenirs and gifts at Shakaland.
How to Get There
Located 12 miles (20 kilometers) outside of Eshowe on R66 and an approximately 2-hour drive from Durban (follow the N2 to R66), Shakaland can be reached by car or on a guided tour. Taking a tour lets you skip the hassle of navigating the foreign roads and enjoy the sights along the way.
When to Get There
The region’s temperate climate makes Shakaland pleasant all year round, and it provides a nice escape from Durban’s humidity and heat during the summer months (December through March). You can visit Shakaland at any time of the day, but if you want to catch the Nandi Experience—a village immersion adventure—it is offered from 11am–2pm and again from 12pm–3pm.
Staying Overnight in Shakaland Shakaland is dotted with traditional beehive style huts that provide a combination of history and luxury for overnight guests. Thatched roofs and tribal decor are paired with modern amenities and comfortable beds, creating an experience that suits an array of tastes and comfort levels. Staying on-site means you can stick around for after-dinner performances without worrying about transportation home and enjoy morning activities.
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- Campo di battaglia di Isandlwana
- Parco Hluhluwe-Imfolozi
- Museo della deriva di Rorke
- Parco degli uccelli sul fiume Umgeni
- Valle delle Mille Colline
- Stadio Moses Mabhida
- Durban Golden Mile
- Giardini botanici di Durban
- Municipio di Durban
- Museo Kwa Muhle
- Quartiere indiano di Durban
- Durban Playhouse Company
- Moschea Juma (Juma Masjid)
- Victoria Street Market