L'ingresso alla chiesa del Sagrario è gratuito e la messa domenicale si tiene alle 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 e 17:00. In tutti gli altri giorni ci sono quattro messe separate che iniziano alle 8 del mattino. Per l'ingresso generale, gli orari di apertura sono dalle 7:30 alle 17:30 dal lunedì al venerdì, dalle 7:30 alle 18:00 il sabato e dalle 7:30 alle 13:00 e dalle 17:00 alle 18:00 la domenica.
Things to Know Before You Go
- El Sagrario is an ideal spot for history lovers with an interest in religious art and artifacts.
- Lighting candles have been officially forbidden.
- Dress modestly to show respect for this religious place.
- Admission is free.
How to Get There
El Sagrario is located on Calle Garcia Moreno at Plaza Grande next to the Quito Cathedral, easy walking distance from many of the top attractions in the historic center. The closest bus stops are Benalcazar y Chile and Plaza Chica. The closest metro station is Estación Marin Central, located about half a mile (800 meters) away.
When to Get There
The church is open daily from early morning to evening; on Sundays, the church closes between 1pm and 5pm. Mass is said several times each day, Peak season in Quito runs from June to September, coinciding with the Ecuadorian dry season. Throughout the year, the high-altitude climate is consistently springlike with warm days and chilly nights. To experience the city in party mode, come February to April for Carnival and the religious holiday Semana Santa.
Plaza Grande El Sagrario is located at the Plaza Grande, one of the most popular meeting places in colonial Quito. Take a seat on one of the benches and soak up the square’s lively atmosphere, day and night, and the stunning Andes mountains cradling the city. If you are around in the morning, wander over to the Palacio de Gobierno to see the changing of the guard, or drop into the Palace of the Archbishop.
- Palazzo presidenziale
- Independence Plaza (Plaza de la Independencia)
- Città vecchia di Quito
- Museo di arte coloniale (Museo De Arte Colonial)
- Cattedrale di Quito (Catedral de Quito)
- Chiesa della Compagnia di Gesù (Iglesia La Compañía de Jesús)
- Museo di arte precolombiana Casa del Alabado
- Plaza de Santo Domingo (Plaza de Santa Domingo)
- Convento Carmen Alto (Museo de Carmen Alto)
- Museo della città di Quito (Museo de la Ciudad)
- Calle La Ronda
- Palazzo Arcivescovile (Palacio Arzobispal)
- Basilica del Voto Nazionale (La Basílica del Voto Nacional)
- El Panecillo