San Bernardo Convent, built in the 16th century, is one of the oldest buildings in Salta, Argentina and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1941. It was originally built when San Bernardo was chosen as the patron saint of the city, and it was used as the city's main church while the Salta Cathedral was being built. Aside from the church, it also operated a hospital on and off for about 200 years, but by the mid-1800s, hospital operations ceased and it became a convent.
Over the centuries, San Bernardo Convent has been reconstructed and renovated several times, both for aesthetic reasons and as a result of an earthquake. The door dates from 1762 and was carved from carob tree wood by aboriginals. It once belonged to the Bernardo de la Cámara family and is considered a treasured piece of colonial art in Salta.
San Bernardo Convent is located at the corner of Calle Caseros and Santa Fe.