Con le sue case colorate che precipitano lungo la collina fino al porto e il suo centro storico dichiarato Patrimonio dell'Umanità dall'UNESCO, Valparaiso è una delle città più pittoresche lungo la costa del Pacifico del Cile. Ecco le tue opzioni per visitare Valparaiso da Santiago.
Scegli le date
The mansion was designed by architect Paul Lathoud for the Cousiño Goyenechea family, a prominent clan who owned everything from the famed Cousiño-Macul vineyards to assorted coal and silver mines. The French-inspired building often draws comparisons to Versailles, and has hosted foreign dignitaries from Marshal Tito to Queen Elizabeth. Today, you can tour its soaring marble halls and 12 sumptuously decorated rooms, each offering a glimpse into the lives of the Chilean aristocracy during those heady boom years. Travelers can only visit on a guided tour, which are offered throughout the day. Most guides speak both Spanish and English. Combine a visit to the palace with a wine tasting at a local vineyard via a guided tour of Santiago.
Things to know before you go
- The palace suffered damage during the 2010 earthquake, but has since been repaired.
- Photography is not permitted inside the home.
- While you’re in the area, walk along Parque Almagro to the Church of the Blessed Sacrament (Iglesia de los Sacramentinos), which was inspired by the Sacre Coeur in Paris.
How to get there
On the southern border of Santiago's historic center, Cousiño Palace is close to the University of Chile in the once opulent neighborhood of Calle Dieciocho. The area is more driveable as compared to the narrow, congested streets immediately surrounding Plaza de Armas, which is located seven blocks away. Still, it's much more convenient to get here by taking the L2 yellow line to the Toesca station.
When to get there
Santiago’s shoulder seasons, from late September to November and from March to May, are considered the best times to visit because of the sunny weather. If you’re planning to visit wineries, schedule your trip for the fall (from March through May). This is when wineries host harvest festivals and may offer special tours.
Exploring Chilean Wineries from Santiago
Santiago provides a convenient home base for exploring Chile’s popular wine regions including the Maipo Valley, Colchagua Valley, Casablanca Valley, and Aconcagua Valley. The microclimate and soil here help produce world-renowned wines, particularly Cabernet Sauvignon. Guided tours and tastings are available; most of the wineries require advance booking.
Le risposte di seguito si basano su quelle fornite in precedenza ai clienti dall'operatore turistico.
Quali sono le attrazioni più vicine a Palazzo Cousiño (Palacio Cousiño)?
Attrazioni vicino a Palazzo Cousiño (Palacio Cousiño):
- Cimitero Generale di Santiago (Cementerio General)
- Museo interattivo Mirador (Museo Interactivo Mirador)
- Acquario Aquamundo
- Club Hipico
- Cantina Concha y Toro
- Cousino Macul
- Ahumada Boulevard (Paseo Ahumada)
- Palazzo La Moneda (Palacio de la Moneda)
- Plaza de la Constitucion
- Biblioteca nazionale cilena (Biblioteca Nacional de Chile)
- Barrio Italia
- Plaza de Armas
- Museo della Memoria e dei Diritti Umani
- Museo cileno di arte precolombiana (Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino)