One of the highlights of my around the world trip! Traveling alone, my guide Sudip Karki attended to every detail to make sure I was safe, comfortable and very much entertained. The trails through the villages are so charming and enlightening, providing a glimpse into the rural way of Nepali life. The local people are quick to smile and interact. In the surrounding area of the Hindu temple of Change Narayan, you'll find plenty of time to shop for souvenirs, many locally made. The temple itself is quite beautiful and rich in history. It was damaged during their devastating earthquake, but they have preserved the materials and are in the process of restoration with as much original material as is possible. One recommendation I would make would be to skip a heavy breakfast. The lunch is provided in a rural restaurant with stunning views and they serve an enormous portion of delectable local food. I couldn't even make a dent in it and would have loved to take the rest with me! I would also recommend requesting Sudip as your guide, as his English is excellent, he is very knowledgable in Nepal history and culture, and I promise you that he'll make you laugh!
It was a great trip! The culture in the area is so well preserved, I got to see how traditional Nepali life is like, as well as the solemn Changu Narayan. What made this trip even more wonderful was my extremely friendly and easy going tour guide Sudip, who not only explained Nepali culture to me along the way, but also answered all the questions I had about Nepal. I really had a good time on the trip,thank you Sudip
We had a great tour on Sunday December 3 to Nagarkot with sunshine and Perfect view. We would especially like to thank our guide, Sudip, for making this Day such an extraoridinary experience. He is both very knowledgable - precise in his description and very pleasant person who creates a good atmosphere. He was even fluent in Spanish, so we received guideing both in Spanish and English. We also enjoyed the Place, both Food and Service where we had lunch.
I do recommend this tour for the following reasons:
1. The walking was 1 to 1.5 hours not 3 to 4 hours as advertised.
2. The trip is really has a half day not 10 hours as advertised. I was picked-up at 7.45 am and returned to my hotel at 1.30 pm.
3. The meal consisted of dumplings and soft drink with a filthy toilet outside not a fine eatery as advertised.
Other issues include:
- Guide was 45 minutes late and did not come with driver had to be followed-up.
- When I asked to use a toilet at Nagarkot, there was nothing suitable so I had to squat behind a closed toilet where other people had defacated.
- Guide was anxious to finish early so he could charge 1000 rupees to take me to an additional place.
- Taxi did not have air conditioning and was dirty. Kathmandu air is very polluted so it made it very uncomfortable going back to the hotel in the heat.
I originally booked this as a solo traveller but a male friend joined me. I never felt unsafe but do not recommend this for a solo female traveller because the guide, driver and taxi looked seedy.
This trip was over priced for AUD 124.
Feedback has been provided to Viator and the service provider.