tl;dr skip the whale-watching and/or bring your own food
1) Breakfast is some fruit and sad pastries. Tea and coffee provided.
2) Our dolphin-swimming experience was amazing. Guides were great. Dolphins were great. We got lucky and didn't have to venture out super-far to find them.
3) After the dolphins, they take you back to shore and you have to wait for the rest of the people who are doing the whale-watching. It took 30 minutes, which felt like a total waste of time.
4) We got unlucky with whales, through no fault of the guides. They give you a 60% chance of seeing whales. So it goes.
5) The seas were pretty calm the day we went, but the choppiness of a small boat is still pretty rough on your back. Would definitely not recommend for older folks or people with back issues.
6) "lunch" was among the most unappetizing food I've ever ingested: a white bread sandwich with a single slice of lunchmeat (turkey?), some mayo, lettuce, and sad tomato. I was starving so I ate it all, and was immediately sad.
Hi, thanks for your comments.
We're glad you enjoyed the swimming with wild dolphins portion of the excursion.
Regarding the food, we generally try to keep both breakfast and lunch fairly light (especially lunch), as the whale watching takes place on the open seas and can be a little choppy. However, we do appreciate your feedback.
It was awesome to swim with wild dolphins with the help of two fellows coming with us. I would like to thank to the one called Flipper that really made sure we were having a good time and get the most of the swimming and it was awesome to see a group of 20 hunchback whales and about seven sperm whales. Also our appreciation to Miguel and Emmanuel, they put their full effort for us to see them perfectly!
Thank you viator to deal with the bests tours on site.
This was a really well organised trip. Managed to swim with wild dolphins which is one a unique experience and the guides were really experienced and timed the trip perfectly. To add to a really fantastic day a whale watching expedition whereby we got really close was also a highlight of this trip. Confidently recommend this trip to all that visit Mauritius.
Fabian, our guide was fabulous! He and his co-guide made sure we saw whales. Fabian took 2 swimmers at a time into the water with dolphins, which assured we were with the Dolphins and that we were safe at all times. Highly recommend!!
- a lot of dolphins in the bay
- friendly and skilled skippers
- beautiful snorkeling place, although the water was quite deep and you couldn't see much of the corals
- we were lucky to see sperm whales, and the skippers hung around for quite a while.
- despite the specifications of this trip, we did get free drinks on board, and a sandwich too
- no training about wearing the snorkeling equipment to those who needed it. I had trouble breathing properly, so I missed seeing the dolphins.
- it was hard to get back up into this particular boat no thing to hold on to, to lift yourself up