Set in the middle of the Yucatan jungle, Xplor Adventure Park allows visitors to experience Mexico’s environmental treasures firsthand. Here you can raft down a stalactite-filled underground river, swim in cenotes, ride in an amphibious vehicle, or zipline above the canopy. There’s also a nighttime option to explore after dark.
Xplor Adventure park is a popular day trip destination from Mexico’s Riviera Maya region. Tours are available from Playa del Carmen and Cancun, with most lasting upwards of seven hours for a full day at the park. Some combination excursions also visit nearby attractions such as the Tulum or Chichen Itza ruins. Basic admission includes access to the park’s attractions and facilities plus unlimited snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, and a lunch buffet.
Xplor is part of a network of related parks and experiences, including Xcaret, Xel-Hal, Xplor Fuego, Xenotes Oasis Maya, Xoximilco Cancun, Xichen, and Xenses. Packages including admission to multiple parks are available.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Bring sneakers, biodegradable sunblock, water shoes, a swimsuit, a towel, and a change of clothes.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing suitable for physical activity.
- Lockers, Wi-Fi, and parking are included.
- Life jackets and helmets are provided for applicable attractions.
- Minimum age to enter Xplor is six years old, and minimum age to drive amphibious vehicles is 18 (a valid driver’s license is required).
- For ziplining, the minimum height required is 3.6 feet (one meter). The minimum weight is 88 pounds (40 kilograms), while the maximum is 300 pounds (136 kilograms).
How to Get There
Xplor Adventure Park is located in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, roughly 20 minutes by road from downtown Playa del Carmen and 1.5 hours by road from Cancun. Most Xplor tours include round-trip transportation from Cancun and Riviera Maya-area hotels. While there, all activities are contained within the park.
When to Get There
The park opens at 9am and closes at 5pm for daytime admission. Nighttime tours start at 5pm and typically last seven hours. The park is busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm. There are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October), but be sure to check the weather for storms.
Visit Xplor After Dark: Xplor Fuego
Xplor Fuego night adventure tours provide an extra thrill and allow you to safely experience the Riviera Maya jungle after dark. The evening crowd arrives after 5pm, ready to don headlamps and explore the park’s jungles and rivers by moonlight. Access includes the same activities as daytime admission—just with a different perspective.