Barley Hall

This historic site was discovered by accident, when it was scheduled to be destroyed. The oldest parts of Barley Hall date from about 1360, but until the 1980s the house was hidden under a more modern brick façade. 

The medieval house was once home to the Priors of Nostell and the Mayor of York. The building has been fully restored to replicate what it would have looked like around 1483. A living museum, many volunteers work in costume to help recreate history. Visitors are allowed to touch objects, even sit in chairs to get a true feel of life in Medieval England.

Practical Info

With the exception of some major holidays, Barley Hall is open every day. Your ticket is valid for unlimited free entry for one year from the date of purchase. Barley Hall is located in York’s Coffee Yard, with access from Stonegate or Swinegate.
Adres: 2 Coffee Yard, Off Stonegate, York, United Kingdom YO1 8AR, Engeland
Openingstijden: April 1-Nov 3 10am-5pm, Nov 4-March 31 10am-4pm
Toegang: Adult £5.50, Child 5-16 £3, Members £4
Meer lezen

Tours en activiteiten (1)

Alles wissen
Data selecteren
Sorteren op:Standaard

Is het niet mogelijk om online te boeken?
+31 85 888 1845
Bel naar +31 85 888 1845