WonderWorks is an amusement park with more than 100 interactive exhibits to engage your mind and imagination. Built in an upside-down “top-secret laboratory” that was mysteriously transported from Bermuda to Myrtle Beach, this family-friendly park features six wonder zones, laser tag, a glow-in-the-dark ropes course, and a 6D motion ride.
A trip to Myrtle Beach’s WonderWorks is an entertaining treat for the whole family’s bodies and brains. Quirky attractions include the Hurricane Shack to experience winds up to 84 mph (135 kph), a fighter-jet flight simulator, and the opportunity to make a 3D impression of your body on the WonderWall. Purchase a 1-day pass for access to all WonderWorks exhibits, the 6D XD Motion Theater, the indoor ropes course, and one game of laser tag.
Things to Know Before You Go
- WonderWorks is ideal for families with children.
- Expect to spend three to four hours exploring the park.
- Reentry is available on same-day visits, so you can come and go as you please.
- The Works Eatery is an indoor/outdoor café and bar serving up pizzas and sandwiches.
- Skirts, dresses, and open-toed shoes are not permitted on the ropes course.
- WonderWorks is equipped with elevators for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
WonderWorks is located in Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Simply drive along Highway 17 or the Robert M Grissom Parkway to access the park, where there is plenty of free parking.
When to Get There
The WonderWorks indoor amusement park is open year-round; hours vary seasonally so check the website. Busiest times are during spring break (mid-March to late April), summer, Christmas, and when it is raining. To avoid large crowds, visit in the morning hours.
Broadway at the Beach
This large outdoor shopping and entertainment complex is located toward the north end of Myrtle Beach. Its main attractions include WonderWorks, Ripley’s Aquarium, the Hard Rock Café, and the Soar and Explore zipline course. The complex surrounds a man-made lake and makes for a fun day of shopping, dining, and adventure during your trip to Myrtle Beach.