Standing at the apex of the Filbert Street Steps, you can understand what Italian fishermen and beat poets saw in North Beach: tough climbs and giddy vistas, a place with more sky than ground, an area that was civilized by not entirely tamed.
A vibrant Italian community thrives in North Beach, which is home to dozens of Italian restaurants and coffeehouses. Columbus Avenue, the neighborhood's main street, is lined with many eclectic shops and one-of-a-kind fashion boutiques - perfect for an afternoon stroll.
You won’t find an actual beach in North Beach, though you will discover natural beauty atop Telegraph Hill, the neighborhood’s bucolic centerpiece. A hike up the Filbert or Greenwich street steps will put you at the top, where you can take in panoramic views of the city from Coit Tower. Or forego the climb and watch wild parrots frolic in the treetops from the friendly confines of a park bench in Washington Square.
70 turer og aktiviteter for å oppleve North Beach
Ting å gjøre i nærheten av San Francisco
- Ting å gjøre i California
- Ting å gjøre i Sausalito
- Ting å gjøre i Oakland
- Ting å gjøre i Napa og Sonoma
- Ting å gjøre i Santa Rosa
- Ting å gjøre i Yosemite nasjonalpark
- Ting å gjøre i Tahoesjøen
- Ting å gjøre i Paso Robles
- Ting å gjøre i Reno
- Ting å gjøre i San Luis Obispo
- Ting å gjøre i Santa Barbara
- Ting å gjøre i Los Angeles
- Ting å gjøre i Long Beach
- Ting å gjøre i Nevada
- Ting å gjøre i Oregon