Sarapiqui is a large area covering several reserves and national parks, including Braulio Carrillo National Park and the Sarapiqui Protected Zone, in the province of Heredia, where Costa Rica meets Nicaraguan at the border. It’s a popular place for adventure tours, including white-water rafting and ziplining, with most excursions departing from the town of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui or San Jose, Costa Rica’s capital.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Adventure tours are best suited for active types.
- Activities in the area are not suitable for very young children.
- For rafting trips, wear secure footwear and swimsuit under your clothes—you will get wet.
- Keep an eye out for macaws, monkeys, iguanas, and sloths when you’re there.
How to Get There
The Sarapiqui Canopy is located in northern Costa Rica in Heredia Province. It’s accessible as part of a day trip from San Jose, or by staying in the region itself. Tours leaving from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui do not provide transport.
When to Get There
High season in Costa Rica is the winter months, December to April, when the weather is usually warm and dry. Rain is more likely from May onward when rural areas can get very muddy.
Visit San Jose’s Children’s Museum If you’re planning a vacation with your kids in Costa Rica, a visit to the Children’s Museum in San Jose is a must. With 40 rooms dedicated to children’s learning through interactive exhibits, there’s plenty to entertain kids for a couple of hours. Even adults will be impressed with the wide range of information on display, covering topics from space travel to the human body, and there’s even a small farm area.
- Ting å gjøre i Central Valley
- Ting å gjøre i Quepos
- Ting å gjøre i Jacó
- Ting å gjøre i Puntarenas
- Ting å gjøre i La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Ting å gjøre i Monteverde
- Ting å gjøre i Limón
- Ting å gjøre i Samara
- Ting å gjøre i Panama
- Ting å gjøre i San Blas-øyene
- Ting å gjøre i San Salvador
- Ting å gjøre i Roatán
- Ting å gjøre i Guatemala City
- Ting å gjøre i Pacific Coast
- Ting å gjøre i Den karibiske kyst
- Poas vulkan nasjonalpark
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Barnas museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Gule hus (Casa Amarilla)
- Metallic Building (Ed) ificio Metálico)
- San Jose Central Market (Mercado Central)
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Nasjonalmuseet (Museo Nacional)
- Nasjonalteatret (Teatro Nacional)
- La Sabana Park
- Costa Ricas kunstmuseum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)