An iconic rail route, soaring over the spectacular Bernina Pass and reaching lofty heights of 2,134 meters, the famous Bernina Express is the only railway connecting the North and South Alps. Starting in Switzerland, from the ‘Top of the World’ in St. Moritz, the narrow-gauge railway runs through the untamed gorges of the Engadine valley, past the shimmering glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Bernina mountain range, through cliff-hugging tunnels and over hair-raising bridges. Finally terminating in the palm-tree framed Tirano in north Italy, the entire journey takes a mere 2.5 hours, and offers an unbeatable introduction to the Alps.
The acclaimed railway route was finally awarded UNESCO World Heritage status back in 2008 for the Thusis to Tirano section, celebrating the extraordinary feat of engineering that allowed the railway to be constructed. The tracks, laid between 1896 and 1904, include an incredible 196 bridges and 55 tunnels.
0 turer og aktiviteter for å oppleve Bernina Express
Fant ingen resultater.
Ting å gjøre i nærheten av De sveitsiske alper
- Ting å gjøre i Interlaken
- Ting å gjøre i Grindelwald
- Ting å gjøre i Lauterbrunnen
- Ting å gjøre i Crans-Montana
- Ting å gjøre i Davos
- Ting å gjøre i Sentral-Sveits
- Ting å gjøre i Lombardia
- Ting å gjøre i Lake Geneva (WI) / Genfersjøen
- Ting å gjøre i Luzern
- Ting å gjøre i Lago Maggiore
- Ting å gjøre i Comosjøen
- Ting å gjøre i Trentino-Alto Adige
- Ting å gjøre i Alsace
- Ting å gjøre i Rhône-Alpes
- Ting å gjøre i Baden-Württemberg