The Queen’s University Belfast campus is brimming with historic buildings, interesting architecture, monuments, and scenic grounds. Pick up a self-guided tour map at the Queen’s Welcome Center or book a guided tour to learn about the history and architecture of this stunning Medieval campus. Most hop-on, hop-off tours of Belfast include a visit to Queen’s University, as well as other top sights like the Titanic Dock and Castle Palace.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Queen’s University is a must-see for architecture lovers and history buffs.
- The University grounds are a nice place for a picnic lunch or spot to rest in between city tours.
- Free tours are available for prospective students at noon on weekdays.
- Much of the Queen’s University campus is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Queen’s University is located on the southern end of the Belfast city center near the Botanical Gardens and the Ulster Museum. The university buildings are spread out across several public streets including University Road, Stranmillis Road, and University Square. Several bus lines provide access to the campus from the city center and visitor parking is available.
When to Get There
Visitors can wander the Queen’s University grounds anytime of year. Home to more than 22,000 students, you can expect the University to be bustling with activity while classes are in session. Tours of the campus are offered year-round.
Historic Queen’s University Belfast Buildings Featured on banknotes, advertisements, and tourist posters, the Tudor Gothic-styled Lanyon Building is by far the university’s most famous building. The Great Hall is a dramatic meeting place with panelled walls, vaulted ceilings, and a selection of portraits of Queen’s most inspiring people. Don’t miss the Galileo statue in Black and White Hall and the unique Ruskinian Gothic-styled Lynn Hall.
- O que fazer em Dublin
- O que fazer em Glasgow
- O que fazer em Stirling
- O que fazer em Edimburgo
- O que fazer em Liverpool
- O que fazer em Galway
- O que fazer em Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- O que fazer em Manchester
- O que fazer em St. Andrews
- O que fazer em Limerick
- O que fazer em Shannon
- O que fazer em Middlesbrough
- O que fazer em O Norte da Inlgaterra
- O que fazer em Irlanda Ocidental
- O que fazer em Nordeste da Inglaterra
- Jardim Botânico de Belfast e Palm House
- Museu Ulster
- Belfast Grand Opera House
- Crown Liquor Saloon
- Victoria Square Shopping Centre
- Belfast Falls Road
- Museu de História Republicana Irlandesa Eileen Hickey
- Albert Memorial Clock
- Bairro da Catedral de Belfast
- Catedral de Santa Ana
- Alfândega de Belfast
- Prefeitura de Belfast
- Muro da Paz de Belfast
- Odyssey Pavilion e SSE Arena