Located just a couple of miles from São Paulo’s major domestic hub, Congonhas Airport, Berrini remains one of the fastest-growing districts in the city, especially as more businesses move into the area from farther afield or from more expensive sections of town. At night, concert venues along neighboring Rua Funchal keep the area hopping after office hours, and several restaurants, including a branch of the famous Brazilian beer hall Devassa, maintain a lively atmosphere well into the wee hours. Some city sightseeing tours pass along the avenue, but few make stops to spend time here, so you’ll want to come back and explore on your own.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Head to Avenida Berrini for a look at modern Sao Paulo, complete with dining and shopping.
- If you’re looking for a place to stay, many international hotel chains have locations along Avenida Berrini.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, as the area is best explored on foot.
How to Get There
The avenue is in Sao Paulo’s West Zone in the Brooklin Novo neighborhood. To get there, take Line 5 of the city subway system to Berrini or Morumbi Stations, or catch one of several public buses that pass near the avenue.
When to Get There
Avenida Berrini remains lively day and night, so plan to visit during daylight hours for shopping or after the sun goes down to experience the neighborhood’s dining and nightlife scene. Individual businesses maintain their own hours.
Brooklin Novo Avenida Berrini runs through the neighborhood known as Brooklin Novo (or New Brooklyn). This key financial district is home to one of the city’s most notable landmarks, the Ponte Octavio Frias de Oliveira bridge, as well as the World Trade Center Sao Paulo.
- O que fazer em Sudeste do Brasil
- O que fazer em Santos
- O que fazer em Rio de Janeiro
- O que fazer em Belo Horizonte
- O que fazer em Os pampas
- O que fazer em Noroeste da Argentina
- O que fazer em Nordeste do Brasil
- O que fazer em Altiplano
- O que fazer em Amazônia do Brasil
- O que fazer em Costa Sul do Peru
- O que fazer em Patagônia
- Itaim Bibi
- KidZania São Paulo
- Hotel Único
- Parque do Ibirapuera
- Museu da Imagem e do Som (MIS)
- Bairro de Jardins
- Praça do Pôr do Sol (Praça Por do Sol)
- Avenida Paulista (Avenida Paulista)
- Museu de Arte de São Paulo (MASP)
- Museu do Futebol de São Paulo (Museu do Futebol)
- Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho (Estádio do Pacaembu)
- Liberdade (Bairro da Liberdade)
- Aquário de São Paulo
- Edifício italiano
- Praça da República (Praça da República)