Barry Mill is a Category A listed watermill located half a mile north of the village of Barry, not far from the town of Carnoustie in eastern Scotland. Found in a fairly secluded area next to the Barry Burn, the mill consists of three floors: a meal floor (the basement), a milling floor and the top floor. The original mill standing on the site was destroyed by fire in 1814 and the current mill dates from the rebuilding. It was commercially operational until 1984, processing oats into oatmeal, and was restored by the National Trust of Scotland in 1992.
Guided tours of the mill are available and worthwhile in learning more about the process of milling grain into oatmeal. Actual milling takes place on Sunday afternoons and uses a pair of French burr stones made in Edinburgh in 1880.