The hot springs of Beitou Geothermal Valley (Hell Valley) have the hottest temperatures of any fed by the Datunshan volcano group. An ever-present sulfurous mist permeates the air with billowing clouds of hot steam rising up from hidden cracks in the ground. Day trips from Taipei to Beitou often include the Geothermal Valley, as well as an excursion into Yangmingshan National Park and time to soak in the public hot springs pools. Make a stop at the Beitou Hot Springs Museum to learn more about these geothermal features and their cultural and historic importance to Taipei.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Beitou Geothermal Valley is a must-see for first time visitors.
- Don’t forget your camera, as the valley features many scenic photo ops.
- Pack a bathing suit and towel if you plan to swim in the public hot springs.
How to Get There
To get to the Geothermal Valley, take the Taipei MRT Danshui Line to Xinbeitou Station. The entrance to the valley is just past the Beitou Hot Springs Museum. Several public buses also stop at the MRT station.
When to Get There
The Beitou Geothermal Valley is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm. Plan to visit on a clear day, and come in the morning or late afternoon in the summer to avoid the midday heat.
Swimming in the Hot Springs The hot springs pools of Beitou Geothermal Valley reach up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius), rendering them too hot to swim. Locals used to come here to boil eggs in the highly acidic waters. To experience the supposedly healing waters that generate in Hell Valley, visit the Beitou Hot Springs, a public hot springs that maintains pools at a much more comfortable temperature.
- O que fazer em Xiamen
- O que fazer em Hangzhou
- O que fazer em Huangshan
- O que fazer em Naha
- O que fazer em Xangai
- O que fazer em Suzhou
- O que fazer em Shenzhen
- O que fazer em Nanjing
- O que fazer em Guangzhou
- O que fazer em Macau
- O que fazer em Okinawa
- O que fazer em China Oriental
- O que fazer em Nanchang
- O que fazer em Sul da China
- O que fazer em Prefeitura de Nagasaki
- Museu Beitou Hot Spring
- Beitou Hot Spring
- Parque Natural do Guandu
- Templo Guandu (Templo Kuantu)
- Museu do Palácio Nacional de Taipei
- Shilin Night Market
- Museu Shung Ye dos aborígines Formosan
- Santuário dos Mártires Revolucionários Nacionais
- Templo Bao'an
- Templo de Taipé Confúcio
- Tittot Glass Art Museum
- Museu de Belas Artes de Taipei
- Miramar Entertainment Park
- Taipei Expo Park
- Dihua Street