Mergulhe nas profundezas do Patrimônio da Humanidade da UNESCO, Eje Cafetero, o país do café da Colômbia nas colinas inclinadas dos Andes, nesta excursão de 3 dias, saindo de Medellín. Passe duas noites na Hacienda Venecia, uma tradicional fazenda de café que tem um século, e desfrute de um olhar interno sobre estas práticas sustentáveis. Vá até uma estrada panorâmica e visite Manizales e Salento, assentamentos urbanos nas florestas altas, e caminhe por palmeiras de cera no exuberante Vale Cocora. E, é claro, delicie-se com a degustação de um dos melhores cafés do mundo.
The tour of the Venezia coffee plantation was excellent, however, buyers should be aware of the following not in a specific chronological order:
1. The standard room in the guest house, although clean, spacious, and having a comfortable bed, has no air conditioning or fan. The room has no window and the doors windows are glass only. So, the only way to get cool air into the room is to open the door and let bugs into the room. I did ask for a portable fan and luckily the staff were able to find one that worked.
2. The food is home cooked and good, but breakfast is limited to corn flakes, toast and eggs.
3. The staff are very nice and accommodating. The hacienda guest services is well run. However, for the nearly US 700 price, buyers need to be aware that this is a very rustic experience. In my opinion I would highly recommend this stay and tour but only at a lower price, say at around half that amount.
4. Transportation to and from our hotel in Medellin and also to and from the hacienda and Salento for the day trip there were very good, however communication regarding who and when it was to be provided by were very clumsy and we were left guessing who was picking us up and when at the hacienda.
5. Salento and the nearby Corcora Valley are wonderful and the driver was very friendly and accommodating. We had a great experience that day. However, only because our guide from the day before in Manizales gave us great tips and information were we able to make the most of our day trip there. Viator could help by providing more of that kind of information for its customers in case they dont get it from their guide like we did.
6. The guide who met us in Manizales was excellent and our experience there was great. Manizales is a beautiful city that we enjoyed very much. However, the guide was not aware of Viators itinerary that we bought, and only after I showed it to him did he offer to take us on the cable car for the ride across the valley which was wonderful and not to be missed. I think this was not his fault but was due to poor communication between Viator and his company.
7. The creek between the guest house and the main house was running high, so the only way to cross it was by vehicle or by walking very narrow 3 log makeshift bridge. No other opportunity to visit the main house was offered so we were unable to see it.
So, in summary this is a great tour package, however it is overpriced and information regarding accommodations and transportation need to be be better executed. Although we enjoyed the hacienda experience and Manizales and Salento, we wouldnt recommend this package at Viators 700 price.