Snorkeling with manta rays on the Big Island of Hawaii offers a peek at one of nature’s great ocean creatures. Swimming alongside a fully grown manta is akin to flying with a massive, underwater bird, and here are the best way to experience it on a manta ray snorkeling tour.
- Swim alongside rays with wingspans of up to 16 feet (five meters).
- Watch a Hawaiian sunset before hopping in the water for an unforgettable swim.
- Experience Hawaii’s underwater world and marine life at night, when mantas come to feed on plankton that accumulates just off the Kona coast.
- Learn about manta rays, their habits, and the environment in which they live.
- Combine your manta ray night snorkel with a sunset cruise on Keauhou Bay or a guided kayaking tour.
Things to Know
- Most manta ray night and sunset snorkeling tours depart Kailua-Kona or Puako.
- All necessary snorkeling equipment is included.
- Depending on which manta ray tour you choose, amenities might include warm water for rinsing off, drinks, snacks, and souvenir photos of the experience.
- Snorkeling tours can last anywhere from 60 minutes to four hours, depending on the selected experience.
- Snorkel tours often include hotel pickup and drop-off.