Just a short drive from the beaches of Heraklion, Acqua Plus Water Park is the largest and most popular water park in Crete. With more than 50 different slides, games, and activities, the park has plenty to do for all ages and preferences, from daring water slides to a scenic lazy-river cruise.
Acqua Plus Water Park entrance tickets include access to all the park’s attractions, and shuttle transportation is available from locations all around Crete. Inside, the park is split into two main sections, with one area suited for younger kids and the other for older children and adults, although visitors can move freely between the two.
Things to Know Before You Go
- On-site facilities include lockers, free sunbeds and parasols, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of cafés and restaurants.
- Coded bracelets are issued to each visitor at the park’s entrance and can be used to purchase items at the shop and restaurants. Payment can be made by cash or credit card at the end of your stay.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Free parking is available on-site.
- There are swimming areas and activities suitable for all ages, but some slides and activities have height restrictions.
- The park and pools are wheelchair accessible, but not all of the activities are suitable for those with limited mobility.
How to Get There
Acqua Plus Water Park is located 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Hersonissos along the north coast of Crete. Shuttle buses run to the park from towns all around the island, including Heraklion, Hersonissos, Plaka, and Agia Pelagia, and include hotel (or near-hotel) pickup. Alternatively, you’ll need to drive or take a taxi.
When to Get There
Acqua Plus Water Park is open from May to October, but the busiest time is in peak season (July and August), when opening hours are also extended. If you’re driving, plan to get there when the park opens at 10am to secure a parking spot and head inside before the shuttle buses arrive.
Family Fun at Acqua Plus Water Park
Adrenaline seekers can tackle extreme slides like the Tsunami, the Extreme Kamikaze, or the Black Hole; race against each other on the Multirace Slides; or take a spin in the Spacebowl, before relaxing in the Hydromassage pool. For younger kids, there’s a selection of smaller slides, including a mini Hydrotube. If you want a break from the water, other options include a fish spa, henna tattoo parlor, pool tables and table tennis, and massage service.