The Court of Two Sisters restaurant is a historic New Orleans institution. Named after sisters Emma and Bertha Camors, the three-story building is a piece of Louisiana history that sits on Governor’s Row, the 600-block of Royal Street. Emma and Bertha came from an aristocratic Creole family and exemplified New Orleans high society with their formal gowns, lace and perfumes all imported from Paris. The sisters were very close and even died within two months of each other in 1944.
The Court of Two Sisters has one of the largest courtyards in New Orleans and today welcomes visitors looking to enjoy authentic southern cuisine. One of the most popular options is the jazz buffet brunch; morning hot dishes include made-to-order omelets, eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, grits, shrimp pasta and more. Afternoon offerings are specialties like turtle soup, oysters Bienville, duck à l’Orange, Creole jambalaya and shrimp étouffée. Look for dessert options such as Mardi Gras king cake, Bananas Foster, bread pudding and southern pecan pie.
At dinner, you will still find signature menu items like corn fried des allemands catfish and roasted half duck à l’Orange and desserts like chocolate espresso torte and bread pudding with whiskey sauce.