Experience Cajun country on a fascinating New Orleans swamp tour. Search for alligators, turtles, and snakes as you pass through the beauty of the bayou, and learn the history of the marshlands and their inhabitants. See below for your options.
- Search for local wildlife while motoring across the bayou
- Experience Cajun hospitality and sample local cuisine
- Choose from tours that focus on wildlife, history, or Cajun culture
- Two-hour, half-day, and full-day tours available
- Hotel pickup offered from the French Quarter in New Orleans
- Combine your trip with a tour of antebellum plantations from the Civil War era
Swamp and Bayou Airboat Rides
Step aboard a classic airboat and zip through bayous where Cypress trees grow from the murky waters. Hear tales of local Cajun heritage on a fully narrated tour, all while scanning the muddy banks for gators, snakes, and raccoons. Cruise in peace through the mystical marshes, or race at up to 45 mph (72 kph) while exploring the coastal backwaters.
Swamp Boat and Plantations Combo Tours
To really get a feel for Louisiana history, combine a classic swamp boat tour with a visit to local plantations. See sugar cane waving in the breeze, and tour ornate plantations that date back to before the Civil War. Learn how the French, Spanish, and Americans all influenced the area, and hear stories of bayou locals who were born and raised in the marsh.