With white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and a variety of activities for all ages, Clearwater Beach makes a perfect day trip from Orlando. Go deep-sea fishing, look for bottlenose dolphins, party like a pirate, or just kick back on the beach. Here are your options.
- Head out in the calm waters around Clearwater to try your hand at catching sea bass, grouper, tarpon, and more.
- Spend an hour on the sea watching bottlenose dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Speed around the Gulf of Mexico on one of the largest speedboats in the country, the Sea Screamer.
- Cruise for a couple hours on a pirate-style sail boat with live music and unlimited drinks.
- Visit the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see dolphins, sea turtles, sharks, and stingrays. Get a behind-the-scenes tour of the animal hospital at the aquarium and see the stars of the Dolphin Tale movies.
Things to Know
- Clearwater Beach is set about 108 miles (174 kilometers) west of Orlando, a journey of about two hours by road.
- Tours typically include transportation to and from your Orlando hotel.
- Most tours include about eight hours in Clearwater Beach, excluding transportation time.
- It's possible to rent snorkeling gear, umbrellas, and bodyboards at the beach.