With their effortless style and supreme taste in literature, food, and wine, true Parisians are easy to spot. Here are a few ways to travel like a local and take in French culture in Paris, from learning the language to playing some pétanque.
- Go beyond oui and s'il vous plait with a casual French language class that involves conversation in a classic café and a short city walking tour.
- Hone your kitchen skills in Paris during a semi-private, two-hour baguette and croissant workshop taught by a professional French cooking instructor. Learn how French masters knead dough, and discover the secrets to baking the perfect buttery croissant and classic baguette.
- Taste the traditional flavors of a four-course French meal, complete with wine, cheese and rich French sauces, in the local home of English-speaking Parisians.
- Learn to play the local game of pétanque—also known as lawn bowling—while sipping French wine and nibbling charcuterie during a half-day walking tour of Paris' most famous neighborhoods.
- Gain an edge by taking in a showing of Oliver Giraud's hit comedy show How to Become a Parisian in One Hour. Using his unique brand of comedy, Giraud instructs the crowd on how to think, dress, talk, and walk like a real Parisian.