Located in downtown Toronto at the base of the CN Tower, the Rogers Centre is a sports and entertainment complex that is home to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. The Rogers Centre is a great place to catch a Major League Baseball (MLB) game or other event held under its fully retractable roof—the first of its kind in the world.
The Rogers Centre stadium, which contains close to 50,000 seats, is most often used for Blue Jays games, but also hosts concerts, conventions, and other events. More than 30 food and beverage concession booths are spread across four seating levels. From the stadium, visitors also enjoy unobstructed views of the CN Tower.
Blue Jays Stadium tours, typically offered from March to September, provide an inside perspective on the stadium’s history, architecture, and operations. Private tours of downtown Toronto often allow visitors to tack a Rogers Centre stop onto the day’s customized itinerary. Helicopter tours offer rare bird’s-eye views, while boat tours provide a snapshot of the Rogers Centre against the backdrop of the Toronto Harborfront. Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour buses also stop nearby.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Rogers Centre is a must for sports fans visiting Toronto.
- On-site restaurants, cafés, and food carts include gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, halal, and kosher options.
- Download the MLB Ballpark app for convenient mobile check-in, rewards, and exclusive offers.
- Use the Virtual Venue tool on the Rogers Centre website to preview the views of the field from each seating section.
- Accessible seating is located at the top of each seating section and can be reserved online or by phone.
- The stadium offers designated family-friendly, alcohol-free sections.
How to Get There
Located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district, the Rogers Centre is easily accessible via public transit. The nearest stops are Blue Jays Way and Front Street West on bus 121A, and King Street and Blue Jays Way on streetcar 504. The stadium is also an 8-minute walk from Union Station on subway line 1. Bicycle stands are available outside most stadium gates.
When to Get There
The Rogers Centre is open during baseball season (February to September) from 10am to 7pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm weekends, and on game days from 9am to 30 minutes after the game ends. On Jr. Jays Sundays, children under age 14 are invited to run the bases post-game.
The WestJet Flight Deck
A little-known secret about the Rogers Centre is the West Jet Flight Deck, a standing-room-only section available to all ticket holders. With optimal views from the 200 level of the stadium, guests can watch the game, order food, and relax in comfort under the video board. Make sure to get there early, as the Flight Deck’s capacity is limited.