Discover Rainbow Street, the heart of Amman’s arts and shopping scene, on a private 4-hour walking tour. Stroll along this lively street in Jabal Amman, passing cafes, arts venues, and galleries. See the Al Pasha Hammam and Rainbow Theater, admire 1920s villas, and take in ‘Mango Street’ and Malouf Street, known as ‘Souk Jara Street.’ Sample street food (own expense), and enjoy free time to souvenir-shop and for lunch (own expense). Hotel pickup included.
- Private 4-hour Rainbow Street guided walking tour in Amman
- Stroll along Rainbow Street in Jabal Amman, the city’s art and shopping hotspot
- See the Rainbow Theater and Al Pasha Hammam, and walk down ‘Souk Jara Street’ and ‘Mango Street
- Shop and saunter around markets and local craft projects and galleries
- Sample some street food (own expense) such as ‘kunafa,’ a cheese-filled filo dessert
- Enjoy free time for lunch (own expense)
- Private transportation and hotel pickup included
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Amman hotel, set off into the bustling Jabal Amman district. If there’s something you want to see more of, tell your guide: your itinerary can be tailored around you. You may, for instance, want to add a visit to Amman’s Roman Theater or Citadel.
Head for Rainbow Street, a road that encapsulates Amman’s energy and arts scene. Stroll by bookshops, cafés, and 1920s villas, and pause at the Rainbow Theater and traditional Al Pasha Hammam bathhouse.
Savor some street snacks (own expense), such as a falafel (deep-fried chickpea patty) sandwich and kunafa, a cheese-filled pastry encrusted with pistachios.
Explore Malouf Street, nicknamed 'Souk Jara Street,’ for its summer market, and visit Jordan River Designs and Bani Hamida, two local crafts galleries.
Saunter down ‘Mango Street,’ past the historical buildings of the Royal Film Commission, Nabad Gallery, and Books@Cafe, and browse the handmade goods at Wild Jordan, and artisans’ hotspot of Beit Shocair.
Break up your exploring with free time to souvenir-shop, and to have lunch (own expense) at one of the buzzing cafes.
Your tour ends when your guide departs, leaving you to continue exploring independently. Alternatively, your guide will provide directions back to your hotel.