Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Walking tour of Amsterdam's highlights
- Explore the city center, the Red Light district, Jordaan, and Dam Square
- See famous attractions including the Anne Frank House, Royal Palace, and Rembrandt House Museum
- Sample typical Dutch snacks and try a local gin
- Learn about Amsterdam’s fascinating history, culture, and traditions from your guide
- Upgrade to include an Amsterdam canal cruise—highly recommended
Departure & Return
the tour ends in front of the Anne Frank House
What To Expect
Hear tales of the city’s humble beginnings as a small settlement on the Amstel River, and learn how the Golden Age helped develop it into a unique, multifaceted metropolis. Get a comprehensive overview as you meander down side streets and explore major areas including the Jordaan district and the infamous Red Light District, showcasing Amsterdam’s provocative side.
Midway through your tour, stop to sample typical Dutch specialties including herring, cheese, waffles, and jenever (Dutch gin).
Wander on foot by the old city gates, the Floating Flower Market (Bloemenmarkt) and Munt Tower (Munttoren) in Muntplein Square. Explore the busy pedestrian shopping street of Kalverstraat and the bicycle-clad street of Rokin.
View, too, the exteriors of the Anne Frank House, Rembrandt House Museum and Amsterdam Museum. Consider returning to visit them (own expense) after your tour concludes back at the Damrak, with the option to add on a cruise along Amsterdam’s UNESCO World Heritage–listed network of canals.
Optional Canal Cruise: For a more in-depth Amsterdam sightseeing experience, opt to continue your tour with a canal cruise. Drift along picturesque tree-lined canals past classic houseboats and gabled merchant houses built in the 17th century. See charming stone bridges and pass through Amsterdam's old harbor before returning to the pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is only available in English and in Spanish
- Children up to and including 3 years old are free of charge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours & Tickets
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.