Are you interested in?
- Day trip to the Tikal ruins by air from Antigua
- Visit the ancient Mayan ruins of Tikal at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park
- Discover one of the largest archaeological sites of the pre-Colombian civilization with your expert guide
- Round-trip airfare, lunch and all entrance fees included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Begin your trip with a 3:40am pickup from your hotel in Antigua, before proceeding to Guatemala City’s airport for your flight to the town of Flores in northern Guatemala. Upon your arrival in Flores, a pre-arranged vehicle will transfer you to Tikal National Park (Parque Nacional Tikal), where you’ll begin your exploration of this amazing UNESCO World Heritage site. Covering an area of 341 square miles (550 sq km), this fascinating Mayan city offers a wealth of structures for exploration.
Check out a number of Tikal’s most important buildings with your guide, including the Central Acropolis, containing a labyrinth of interior temples and courtyards, as well as Complex Q and R, home to twin pyramids and intricate religious complexes at their base. You’ll also have time to admire the giant Temple I, also known as the Temple of the Grand Jaguar. This 144-foot (44m) religious structure was built to commemorate the burial of Mayan King Moon Double Comb. Finish your exploration with a stop at Temple II, which has been dubbed the Temple of the Masks.
Take a break to sample a tasty lunch on the grounds of the national park before getting some time to wander the site at your leisure in the afternoon. Then proceed back to Flores airport to catch your flight back to Guatemala City and transfer back to your Antigua hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Tikal Day Trip by Air from Antigua with Lunch.