Are you interested in?
- Full-day trip to Meteora monasteries by rail from Athens
- Soak in the views on a train ride through central Greece
- Panoramic drive to see all six UNESCO-protected retreats
- Visit three of the monasteries on their rock-tower perches
- Transport between monasteries by deluxe, air-conditioned minivan with free WiFi
- Standard class rail travel included, with monastery entrance fees at own expense
- Optional upgrade to first-class train travel
Departure & Return
DEPARTURE POINT : Athens Railway Station (Stathmos Larissis) at : 07:57 am ---- MEETING POINT : Take the train to Kalambaka from Athens. On arrival at Kalambaka's station at 12:05 , make your way to the outside: The tour guide will be waiting there along with a signboard with your name.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your train tickets are e-tickets (PDF file) and will be sent to your email 3 days before the trip or immediately if it is a last minute reservation. It is not necessary to print the train tickets you can just have them on your phone.
- It is very important to have your train tickets in advance in order to travel by train
- Departure place: Athens Train Station (Larissis Station) be there at least 30 min before the departure of the train at 07:57 am
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Meeting point: Kalabaka Train Station (we will hold a sign with your name)
- Supplier is not responsible for any train delays that might affect the duration of the tour. Your guide and minivan will be waiting for you at Kalambaka train station and are guaranteed to return you to the station in time to catch your return train to Athens
- Appropriate clothing for everyone is required to enter the monasteries. For ladies skirts by the knee or longer are required. No pants for ladies, no shorts, no sleeveless shirt. For men sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee are prohibited.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Meteora Thrones -Travel Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff