We chose this tour because it seemed very comprehensive and we were not disappointed. Thierry our tour leader was exceptional. He had an in-depth knowledge of Provence which he communicated in a charming manner and he genuinely wanted us to have the best possible experience. He certainly went the extra mile. We will recommend this tour to everyone. Lynda H, and Maureen T Sept 2016
This was great! We were the only people on the tour, so was very personal. Our guide, Connie, was awesome. She knew so much, drove those tiny roads so well, and was just fun! She went out of her way to show us everything.
This is a really good tour to give an overview of Provence. Each of the villages we visited were quite different from each other. Or guide, JB, was excellent and provided a lot of useful information together with interesting local legends. We were very pleased that we were given the opportunity to visit the Carrieres De Lumieres light show at Les Baux de Provence. It was fantastic.
Tour went to several interesting places. Very worthwhile despite the weather a few heavy showers...The tour guide was very helpful especially when one of us could not make it at the last moment and he organised an alternative tour for her next day.
A good introduction to Provence. Enough time allowed at each site with plenty of walking. Our guide Georgio was charming and well-informed. Overall an excellent experience and good value.
Thierry our guide was great and friendly!
GAIL E United States of ...
This was, by far, the best tour my family, 6 adults, took on our trip to France! It is lengthy, but walking was interspersed with driving, so that we were never exhausted, and the diversity of what we got to see was so varied, that there was one source of amazement after another! Our tour guide, Jean Baptiste, was Fabulous, and we hope to tour with him, again, in the future! He was so knowledgeable about the culture, history, food, and wines, and was very entertaining, as well! All this served to whet our appetite for another visit to this beautiful region!
Thierry was an incredible guide, making a whirlwind trip that could have been stressful a delightful and beautiful experience. There is no other way we would have been able to absorb so much of the gorgeous countryside otherwise, and was definitely the highlight of our time in Provence.
I really enjoyed this tour. Our guide knew a lot and spoke English well. Here's some details of our day.
- 45 min in Fontaine de Vaucluse. The village has a stream with crystal clear water.
- Stopping at two view points, with a view of Gordes and a monestary.
- About 30 min in beautiful Gordes.
- Stopping by a lavender field, really nice view though the lavender was not in full bloom yet beginning of June.
- Rousillon, my favourite place of the day. About 90 min, enough to have lunch and look around. There's an Ochre Path with amazing yellow, orange and red cliffs, rocks and ground. It costs a bit, but it's worth it, even if you don't have a lot of time. We walked a little and then had to go back, but there's amazing views right in the beginning. If you eat quickly, you'll have time to see the path and the village with very pretty colorful houses.
- Stopped to buy berries and other local products from a small stall by the side of the road.
- In Saint Rémy de Provence we had an option to either walk around in the village or visit an old monastery, where Van Gogh stayed when it was used as an asylum. All of us chose the monastery, which was an interesting place. About 30 min there.
- 30 min in Les Baux de Provence, which is a nice old village, but it seemed that there's not much there except tourist shops.
- Pont du Gard, 30-45 min. We couldn't go in from the first side we tried, because of an event organised there later. We drove to the other side, which made us late from the schedule, but luckily it wasn't a problem to anyone. At the site there were rude security guards who only spoke French telling people not go to some of the places, they were closed because of the event. That was annoying, because those spots would have had a good view to the aqueduct. If the tour organizer had known about the event, we could have maybe gone there earlier, or at least saved some time by going to the other side right away. Other than that the tour was great!
Amazing tour. Our guide Terry was great. His objective was that we visit all the tour had to offer and we had some roadblocks as it was the festivities of the first day of Summer
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Tue Dec 06 13:49:05 PST 2016 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330206 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.