Are you interested in?
Hot Air Balloon Rides
3 Tours & Activities
44 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
121 Tours & Activities
45 minutes to 1 hour (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get the best views of Bagan’s 8,000 temples and pagodas, all of which are nigh on impossible to visit on land, during an extra-special hot-air balloon flight. Taking a morning flight means you’ll watch the sunrise and see the area at its most magical, when morning mist shrouds the greenery. Plus, for added convenience, hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Get the best views of Bagan's 8,000 temples and pagodas on a hot-air balloon flight
- An extra-special experience ideal for couples
- Witness the sunrise and see the area at the most magical time of day
- Convenient hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Saved to wishlist!
Hot Air Balloon ride over thousands of years’ history in Bagan
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Coffee and/or Tea
Receive a flight certificate signed by the pilot and take the memory home with you to keep forever
Free inflight photos, downloadable from our photo website.
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up between 5am and 6am
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years and 4’6” tall or 137 cm (passengers must be able to see over the basket).
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- The take-off site changes with the wind and is decided by the pilot in command on the day of the flight.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Any Passenger in excess of 125 kg / 280 pounds, or any passenger who requires the space in the basket for 2 passengers, will be required to book the extra space at the time of booking and pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance could lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
- Ballooning does not usually affect those people who are scared of heights. Because the balloon travels with the wind, the basket is very stable and does not sway or rock during flight. There is no sense of vertigo or motion.
- Most travelers can participate
- For safety reason, any known medical condition which may affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to Balloons over Bagan at the time of booking and to the pilot on the day of the flight, i.e. epilepsy, recent surgery etc. Some conditions may preclude you from eligibility to fly. Pregnant women will not be permitted to fly. Balloons over Bagan will not accept liability for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot or crew or company representative.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Balloons over Bagan and Balloons over Inle
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Balloons Over Bagan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Balloons Over Bagan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Balloons Over Bagan?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Balloons Over Bagan?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 59617P2
Compare Similar Experiences
Balloons Over Bagan
45 to 60 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hot Air Balloon RidesAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBaganCategory