So helpful and nice team!! Everything prepared according to my allergies, felt safe and had no problems afterwards. Beautiful surroundings and clockwork organized. I highly recommend this cooking class :
This was certainly one of the highlight of my Bangkok trip. The Baipai Thai Cooking School goes out of its way to give you an amazing experience. This tranquil, beautiful site feels like it and #39;s far away from the city but, in truth, it and #39;s under an hour even with notorious Bangkok traffic.
Recommended this cooking class to other people and they all LOVED it also
Definitely one of the highlights of my Bangkok trip, a great experience, easy to follow instructions by the Chef. I would definitely recommend.
Excellent facility, great instruction, and great quality food we made ourselves! Learned a lot - how to use coconut milk vs cream effectively. Also how to use lemongrass, which we have growing at home. Excited to do these recipes again at home!
Llamaschool United States of ...
This was fabulous. Very professional and well-organized class held in a beautiful facility with both decorative and herb gardens. Not far outside Bangkok. Great introduction to classic Thai ingredients and food prep. We made five dishes from scratch, down to shredding the coconut on a traditional 'rabbit' shredder and pounding all ingredients for the curries by hand, and were sent home with a recipe book and photographs. Would absolutely recommend, and plan to do it again with my teenage daughter on my next trip.
Good fun and the food was delicious! Will be trying to source the right ingredients at home now we know what Thai food should taste like.
This experience was one of my highlights as a first time visitor from California. They made the whole thing so seamless minus one critique you can read about at the end from calling us at the hotel the night before for a final confirmation of time to dropping us off at our desired location. I loved the various multiple stations of activities:
1. Locker room available to safe-keep your personal items.
2. Experience local ingredients through their garden where you can see how the plant grows, smells, and tastes.
3. Sit around a table of other ingredients and learn to smell, identify, and find a good quality of the ingredients.
4. Learn and experience how the locals make coconut milk and coconut cream using The Rabbit. :
5. Watch the main chef cook one dish setting makes you feel like you're on a TV cooking show with mirrors strategically placed so you can see everything happening from various angels in real time.
6. You get to go to your individual station to cook the same dish.
7. We went to a table overlooking the resort looking view to enjoy your home-cooked Thai dish.
8. Then you do it 3 more times 4 dishes total.
9. Of course we took a picture with our guide and chef at the end!
10. They gave us all a parting gift in addition to the lovely food and cookbook. Go to the cooking class to find out what that is!
My only personal negative experience, was the long car ride from my hotel. It took about 35 minutes in a rather nice shuttle. I'm prone to getting car sick so I wish I could have known to prepare a bit more in advance for that. Luckily we knew how to get around on the BTS so after the class, we had them shuttle us back to the BTS and we took that back to the hotel. Strangely, I don't get motion sickness from that.
Excellent. Very professional and fun. We had an amazing host, who made it extra special!
This tour was amazing!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Wed Jan 18 12:29:43 PST 2017 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330210 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.