Excellent facility, great instruction, and great quality food we made ourselves! Learned a lot - how to use coconut milk vs cream effectively. Also how to use lemongrass, which we have growing at home. Excited to do these recipes again at home!
Llamaschool United States of ...
This was fabulous. Very professional and well-organized class held in a beautiful facility with both decorative and herb gardens. Not far outside Bangkok. Great introduction to classic Thai ingredients and food prep. We made five dishes from scratch, down to shredding the coconut on a traditional 'rabbit' shredder and pounding all ingredients for the curries by hand, and were sent home with a recipe book and photographs. Would absolutely recommend, and plan to do it again with my teenage daughter on my next trip.
Good fun and the food was delicious! Will be trying to source the right ingredients at home now we know what Thai food should taste like.
This experience was one of my highlights as a first time visitor from California. They made the whole thing so seamless minus one critique you can read about at the end from calling us at the hotel the night before for a final confirmation of time to dropping us off at our desired location. I loved the various multiple stations of activities:
1. Locker room available to safe-keep your personal items.
2. Experience local ingredients through their garden where you can see how the plant grows, smells, and tastes.
3. Sit around a table of other ingredients and learn to smell, identify, and find a good quality of the ingredients.
4. Learn and experience how the locals make coconut milk and coconut cream using The Rabbit. :
5. Watch the main chef cook one dish setting makes you feel like you're on a TV cooking show with mirrors strategically placed so you can see everything happening from various angels in real time.
6. You get to go to your individual station to cook the same dish.
7. We went to a table overlooking the resort looking view to enjoy your home-cooked Thai dish.
8. Then you do it 3 more times 4 dishes total.
9. Of course we took a picture with our guide and chef at the end!
10. They gave us all a parting gift in addition to the lovely food and cookbook. Go to the cooking class to find out what that is!
My only personal negative experience, was the long car ride from my hotel. It took about 35 minutes in a rather nice shuttle. I'm prone to getting car sick so I wish I could have known to prepare a bit more in advance for that. Luckily we knew how to get around on the BTS so after the class, we had them shuttle us back to the BTS and we took that back to the hotel. Strangely, I don't get motion sickness from that.
Excellent. Very professional and fun. We had an amazing host, who made it extra special!
This tour was amazing!
They start by explaining the ingredients used from the garden, giving you a chance to sample the flavors before you start cooking with them. Very well organized and fun!
I think this was the best thing we did in our entire stay. The house for the cooking school is beautiful and we were there on a very rainy, thunderstorm morning and still had loads of fun cooking in this indoor/outdoor venue. It is such a beautiful place to learn. The instructors are fun and informative. You can really tell they like what they do. The class had beginners and expert cooks and everyone was learning new things. I highly recommend this cooking class over others. The setting is beautiful, they take pics of you while you are cooking, and give you recipe cards to take home. Next time I am back in Bangkok I will do it again. The menus change daily. Their website is very informative.
Amazing food, amazing chef, amazing place. Just amazing!!
I cannot say enough great things about our time at the Baipai cooking school. Our host and chef were both very friendly, fun and kept us involved the whole time. They taught us a lot about Thai food and the ingredients that go in to traditional cooking. They did a great job of showing us how to make something and then have us try it right away while it was still fresh in our minds. The cookbooks were a great help and will be even better when we try to make the food for friends and family at home. This was my favorite part of our trip and has inspired me to take cooking classes everywhere else I travel in the future.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–2016 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330209 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.