Are you interested in?
- Walking food tour of Chinatown with an experienced guide
- Enjoy tastings at different food stalls, restaurants, markets and small shops
- Learn about the history of the Chinese community in Bangkok
- Sample specialties such as Chinese doughnuts, dumplings, noodles and rice dishes
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people ensures a more customized experience in the company of fellow foodies
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Flavors of Bangkok tour will meet at the MRT (Subway) station "Hua Lomphong" -- at the top of the escalator of exit 1.
The nearest station to the Yaowarat road (Bangkok Chinatown).
What To Expect
With your guide in the lead, you can absorb the multitudes of scents, sights and flavors as you stop frequently to sample a range of typical and specialty dishes. Learn about the intricacies of dim sum in Thailand, sink your teeth into savory Chinese dumplings, and sample a plate of richly flavored peppered pork noodles. Visit the top-ranked roast-pork and rice restaurant in Bangkok, and slurp a refreshing coconut noodle drink in a renowned shophouse that is frequented by the Thai royal family.
Your guide points out neighborhood mainstays such as Chinatown’s most famous durian vendor. Find out how to select the best fruit, and if you’re adventurous, try the notoriously smelly durian fruit. Some people love the strong sweet flavor while others find its potent scent nauseating.
Stop into a tea shop that carries a variety of teas, including the most expensive tea in Bangkok. Watch a short demonstration of the preparation and service of Chinese tea. Then have a dessert of tasty Chinese doughnuts and try other sweets along Chinatown’s main road. By the end of your tour, you can expect to have eaten the equivalent of a satisfying meal.
Your tour ends at a central location, within easy reach of the BTS Station and other transportation. Your guide can assist you with directions to your next destination.
Please note: On any given day, participating venues and menu items may be substituted due to seasonal and/or unexpected circumstances.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Venus and food items are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances; suitable replacements will be substituted in those cases
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Strollers are not allowed on this tour
- Please indicate dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Please note, at this time gluten-free, halal, vegan, or vegetarian diets can not be accommodated
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste of Thailand Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "An excellent way to go through the maze of Chinatown's restaurants and eating joints." See review