- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Gaudi’s Casa Batlló in Barcelona
- Head past the crowds outside and explore independently with an audio guide
- Learn about the Batlló family who commissioned Gaudi to create the building as their home in the early 20th century
- Visit the Noble Floor and admire views of Passeig de Gràcia from the windows
- Explore the loft and visit the famous roof terrace to see Gaudi’s incredible chimneys
- Admire the Modernist features that abound in the entrance hall
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
The museum is laid out into five distinct areas, and your audio commentary will guide you around each one, highlighting the points of interest that lie in every nook and cranny. Take in the Noble Floor, where the Batlló family once lived, and learn about their lives in Barcelona. A forward-thinking entrepreneur, Josep Batlló wanted a new family home that was totally different to anything else in the city; he commissioned Gaudi to create a daring design, and let’s just say, the outcome was far from disappointing!
Visit the loft, which acted as the family’s vast store cupboard and laundry room, and step out onto the roof terrace to see Gaudi’s mythical-looking chimneys and the famous ‘Dragon’s Back’ – a model that depicts the fabled dragon that was said to have been slain by St George. Wander down the communal staircase, admiring the translucent windows and ergonomic design of the banisters, skylights and even door handles – all of which beautifully illustrate Gaudi’s meticulous attention to detail.
Your audio tour finishes inside the magnificent entrance hall, popular for its grand wooden staircase that was built to look like the spine of a giant beast. Gaze upward to marvel at the skylights shaped like tortoise shells, and envisage yourself in an underground cave; many believe this to be Gaudi’s inspiration for the room.
After your tour finishes, you can stay longer in Casa Batlló, admiring the visual treats at your own pace.
wow, this was the most amazing thing i saw in Spain. i studied Gaudi at art school and to be able to stand in that space and see exactly how it was meant to be, i was breathless . Magnificant. Skip the queue you dont want to be standing there waiting in the cold. Commentary was excellent, crtazy expensive gift shop but we bought lots none the less. It was the highlight of Barcelona - do it!
Great tour .