Are you interested in?
- Montserrat wine-tasting tour from Barcelona with a guide
- Taste exquisite wines and learn about the winemaking process
- Cold tapas lunch with dessert included
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Castlexperience Office (1st Floor - Section B - Ticket office A, B or C) Estación de autobuses Barcelona Nord (North Bus Station) (5 min walk from Arc de Triomf) YOU MUST CHECK-IN IN THE FIRST FLOOR BEFORE GOING TO THE BUSES AREA (GROUND FLOOR)
What To Expect
Travel first to the Montserrat Monastery, located just outside central Barcelona. Montserrat is considered to be the cornerstone of Catalan culture, history, nature, and spirituality. Learn more about the area from your guide as you tour the atrium and the Basilica, inside of which sits the "Black Madonna." You also see the 15th-century cloister and Santa Maria square.
Continue to Oller de Mas, a 10th-century castle now home to a successful winery. Walk through the vineyards alongside your guide, and then tour the barrel room and production area to discover more about manufacturing methods.
At the end of the tour, sample fine Spanish wines, complemented by a selection of tapas with dessert. As you taste, your tour guide reveals the secrets behind the wine.
After a relaxing day of wine and sightseeing, return to Barcelona in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Castlexperience Office (1st Floor - Section B - Ticket office A, B or C) Estación de autobuses Barcelona Nord (North Bus Station) Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80 (5 min from Arc de Triomf) PLEASE, YOU MUST CHECK-IN IN THE FIRST FLOOR BEFORE GOING TO THE BUSES AREA (GROUND FLOOR)
- Tour starts at 8:45 a.m. Please arrive at the meeting point 20 min before the start of the tour
- There is a limit of 16-18 people per guide, although transportation will be shared with other groups.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly. We advise bringing water, especially in the summer season.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions – no need to warn us beforehand.
- Montserrat is a Natural Park a very highlighted cultural destination that can't be entirely explored in a single tour. Your experience includes some free time in Montserrat. If you would like to spend extra time in Montserrat, please check with your guide upon arrival.
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Our company is composed of a deeply committed team of people. We are working hard in our team, and with all our partners, to be up to the current circumstances. When operating, all our services will abide by all health and security policies issued by the competent administrations. Our top priority is and will be ensuring a safe environment for all our customers and our team.
- The tour is led in English.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Castlexperience Wine Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "if You are into Religious Pilgrimage, this tour can be of very high value indeed, due the presence of the called Black Mary statue, within the Basilica of MontSerrat." See review
- "Easy to find the tour meeting place in the square!" See review
- "Montserrat is stunning and the walk to the cross is recommended (although tiring!" See review