Torbin is a fabulous guide. He excels on measuring available time with high level explanation allowing key points to be visited. His history on Berlin and English exceeds expectations. Would recommend him to our most savvy traveling friends. Thank you!
This Excursion was the best of all offered on our 11 day Baltic cruise. Our driver picked the four of us on time right at the dock in a new Mercedes van and had us in Berlin two and a half hours later where we met our guide for the day Rick who is from the US. Rick was an excellent guide, very easy going and very knowledgeable with Berlin history particularly the Cold War era East and West Germany and WW II.
Because there were only 6 of us we had easy access to places the larger tour groups never get to see plus the usual tourist spots such as Check Point Charlie and Brandenburg Gate. He even took us to his favourite restaurant for lunch which turned out to be the highlight of the day. Very well done Viator, this was an excellent choice!!
This private tour was one of our best! Our driver was waiting for us with a sign as we left the cruise ship, we drove in an air conditioned van with a bathroom stop on the way 2 1/2 hour drive, and we met Ryan our tour guide in Berlin. He was extremely knowledgeable and took us to every important stop with a full story on the history of each site. He was, by far, the best tour guide we have had. It was well worth the money!
Emily from the local tour company was a great tour guide with a lot of information and history to share. We were only there for one day but we managed to see everything we wanted. Being on a private tour gave us the flexibility to see what we actually wanted and stopped for breaks at our own convenience. A car seat for our son was arranged for us at no extra cost.
Our guide and driver were top notch. Highly recommend the Viator excursion over the excursions offered by the cruise lines.
Sensational guide, The combination on the concentration casmp and downtown Berlin was just perfect. Comfortable vehicle.
We had an amazing tour of Berlin. We were a group of five and each one of us rated this as tops. Our tour guide was enthusiastic, personable and very knowledgeable. We were give an opportunity to experience Berlin in a way we will never forget.
The driver met us at the cruise ship and we met our guide, Finn in Berlin. What a wonderful guide he was! So knowledgeable and interesting - knew lots of small facts and trivia as well as the major info you want to know about. He took us to a great outdoor place for lunch that felt very "local" in character. I loved every minute of the day. Ask for Finn if you go!
Wonderful ! Everything was perfect...Loved Caroline...Could not ask for more....
Excellent, driver was perfect, professional, informative, nice. Private guide (Rick) in Berlin was fantastic, I highly recommend him, American who has lived and studied in Berlin for 4 years so we could relate to him in so many ways, he was so knowledgeable and informative.
The tour was great. Our driver met us as expected and took us to Berlin where we met Lorna. She was an excellent tour guide. We let her suggest the best locations to view. Her knowledge of the city was good and she was very personable. This trip with 5 others was much better that a tour on a large bus and I would highly recommend it.
The driver and the uide were great accommodating. The guide was great.
Really enjoyed this tour. The driver was pleasant and the trip was quick. Our guide, Alex, was very informative and knew what he was talking about.
1. Driver did not speak English so we drove from the cruise port to Berlin and back in silence!
2. Berlin guide was an hour late, and we wasted precious time waiting for him, starting the actual tour after noon! We specifically wanted to see the Pergamum Museum, but the guide and driver did not know its entry point. We wasted more time driving around in circles, walking uselessly in the heat, as guide and driver attempted to find the way. By the time we got to the museum, we were quite frustrated and angry.
3. We specifically wanted to see Sans Souci in Potsdam. Guide said "no problem." But he'd apparently never been there, and he wasted more time as we drove around the city asking directions from locals and even tourists, trying to find entry point to the palace grounds!! It was embarrassing and very frustrating. Neither driver nor guide had been to the area, I think. When someone finally told ME the entry point, the ticket boot was closing and tours were over!!
All we could see was a bit of the grounds and some buldings from the road.
4. Places were gorgeous, but we did not get to enjoy them.
5. We paid a lot of money for this guided tour and I feel we wasted much of the 6 hours and most of our money.
The tour company had forgotten about our tour. No one came to the port to pick us up even after confirming our travel with Viator. Lied to us about bring in traffic. The driver was over 1 1/2 hour late, didnt speak English ,didn't get to Berlin til 11:30 am. We speed walked.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Thu Dec 08 21:59:49 PST 2016 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330211 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.