Are you interested in?
- Guided tour of Bora Bora by 4WD
- Stop at several lookout points to take in stunning views over lush foliage and turquoise ocean
- Check out US military artifacts left behind after WWII at the Faanui Canon lookout
- Watch a short demonstration by local artists who make tie-dye sarongs and coconut oil
- Learn about Bora Bora’s Polynesian culture and traditions from your expert local guide
- Sip a glass of sparkling wine while watching the sunset (if option chosen)
- Enjoy a cooling breeze while traveling in the open-sided SUV
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from their various locations. Some hotels require a ferry boat to come across.
if your hotel is on a private island we cannot pick you up at your hotel. You will have to the hotel
shuttle service to the main island. Please contact us directly for pick up information..
Intercontinental Thalasso - pick up at Le Maona Lobby
- Vaitape Visitors center, F6VX+527, Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
What To Expect
Your expert guide circles the entire island—an approximate 20-mile (32-km) route around Bora Bora. Stop at a lookout point at East Matira for exceptional views of the sparkling lagoon bordered by lush green mountainsides. Follow up with more vistas from the Faanui Canon lookout and find evidence left behind by US troops after WWII.
When the 4x4 truck reaches the Faanui Valley, watch artisans demonstrate how to create tie-dye sarongs and make coconut oil, and sample tropical fruits at a small plantation. Your last stop is the Amanahune Bay lookout, which features more stunning views along with rock formations that were once inside the volcanic caldera of Bora Bora.
If you selected the sunset tour, sip a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and listen to live local music while watching the sun slip past the horizon.
Your circle-island 4WD tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vavau 4x4 Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Bora Bora: Half Day Island 4WD Guided Tour.
- "Great way to quickly see the island if you don’t rent a car." See review
- "However, if you want to see more landscape and take more photos, the day or afternoon tours are probably better." See review
- "We would highly recommend this tour and operator, and far more cost effective than equivalent trips organised via the cruise line." See review