Are you interested in?
- Guided tour of Bora Bora by 4WD
- Stop at several lookout points to take in stunning views over lush foliage and turquoise ocean
- Check out US military artifacts left behind after WWII at the Faanui Canon lookout
- Watch a short demonstration by local artists who make tie-dye sarongs and coconut oil
- Learn about Bora Bora’s Polynesian culture and traditions from your expert local guide
- Sip a glass of sparkling wine while watching the sunset (if option chosen)
- Enjoy a cooling breeze while traveling in the open-sided SUV
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your expert guide circles the entire island—an approximate 20-mile (32-km) route around Bora Bora. Stop at a lookout point at East Matira for exceptional views of the sparkling lagoon bordered by lush green mountainsides. Follow up with more vistas from the Faanui Canon lookout and find evidence left behind by US troops after WWII.
When the 4x4 truck reaches the Faanui Valley, watch artisans demonstrate how to create tie-dye sarongs and make coconut oil, and sample tropical fruits at a small plantation. Your last stop is the Amanahune Bay lookout, which features more stunning views along with rock formations that were once inside the volcanic caldera of Bora Bora.
If you selected the sunset tour, sip a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and listen to live local music while watching the sun slip past the horizon.
Your circle-island 4WD tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vavau 4x4 Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Great way to quickly see the island if you don’t rent a car." See review
- "However, if you want to see more landscape and take more photos, the day or afternoon tours are probably better." See review
- "We would highly recommend this tour and operator, and far more cost effective than equivalent trips organised via the cruise line." See review