Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
- Step aboard the trolley of the doomed and join your host, a 17th-century grave digger
- Step inside two of the oldest burying grounds in Boston
- Visit Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the final resting place of Cotton Mather, a man famous for his "intimate" involvement with the Salem Witch Trials
Departure & Return
Ghosts & Gravestones Frightseeing Tour boards at the end of the Long Wharf Marriott at 200 Atlantic Avenue. Guests are required to check in 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about some of the city’s most sinister characters, from Albert DeSalvo, better known as the Boston Strangler, to Jane Toppan, aka Jolly Jane, one of the most prolific serial killers in American history.
Walk through two of the oldest burial grounds in Boston, including Old Granary, the final resting place for many notable Revolutionary War-era patriots like Samuel Adams, John Hancock and Robert Treat Paine, plus Paul Revere and the five victims of the Boston Massacre. Also, visit the site of the biggest grave-robbing scandal in New England’s history.
Come with an open mind and see if any ghosts appear. It’s a ride on the dark side.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Instant Confirmation
- When booking, and for contact purposes only, please enter a local Boston hotel phone number or a cell phone number you can be reached on
- Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Historic Tours Of America
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized