Journey to the heart of Romania’s medieval legends on a full-day tour of Transylvania’s most famous landmarks. Visit the former summer home of Romanian royalty at resplendent Peles Castle, and feel Bram Stoker’s vampiric story come alive at Gothic Bran Castle, also known as ‘Dracula’s Castle.’ Hear tales of Transylvania’s tumultuous history at the well-preserved Rasnov Fortress, and finish the day with a guided tour of picturesque Brasov. Tour size is limited for a more personalized small-group experience.
Full-day tour of Transylvania's most important castles and fortresses from Bucharest
Admire the fairy tale splendor of former royal residence Peles Castle
Feel a chill down your spine at Gothic Bran Castle, nicknamed Dracula's Castle
Learn about peasant life in medieval Transylvania at well-preserved Rasnov Fortress
Tour the charming medieval city of Brasov, home to the famous Black Church
Rasnov castle can definitely be missed! It was built only 100 years ago by Germans and is excessive and kind of ridiculous, not much history and they charge you for bringing your phone in! Find a tour that skips this boring bit as it encroaches heavily on your precious Bran Castle time!
The tour was great! We spent a full day of different scenarios and stories about the history of Romania. We would have loved to see the interior of Peles Castle so we wouldn't recommend to visit in November since it's closed for maintenance. Other that, it was a beautiful day :D
OMG can I give this 20 stars? Or 100 stars? BEST....DAY...EEEVEEEER!
Where do I begin?:
So to start off you do have to pay for entrance fees to each place. I'd say on average it was 12-26 romanian dollars. So pretty cheap. Honestly bring 300 romanian dollars with you is my recommendation. A lot of the stuff is optional but recommended for maximum fun!
Rasnov lift 15?
Entrance to Rasnov Castle - 17?
- Throw axes in Rasnov castle - 5 Not part of the tour or official so may not be there
- Ride horse around castle and park - 200 Not part of the tour or offical so may not be there
Entrance into Bran castle - 26?
Haunted house near bran castle - 20? Not part of the tour or offical so may not be there
Entrancetour into Peles castle I think I pad 36 total?
- Extra for tour of top of Peles castle instead of just bottom floor.
- Extra for photo fee
Food money for lunch - 30?
1. Peles castle: This was amazing. Highly recommend getting tour of top floors as well. We couldnt find the actual tour guide for peles castle so my tour guide was allowed to take me inside and gave it to me himself : From there we both went to the top floors where a special tour guide gave that tour. Was AWESOME!!!!!
2. Bran / draculas castle: Very cool! The tour guide couldnt come but it was still great. The setup is such so you can go to every room along the way. The courte yard was AWESOME! it was very cool.
3. Haunted house was not part of the tour but I saw it and went thru quickly while guide waited. Was fun _
4. Rasnov Castle: Took a lift up to this castle. It was amazing! Inside threw some axes. Not part of the tour but still is great! Also rode a horse along the castle wall and park! Also not part of the tour but would recommend if the guy is there. Was very cool!
5. Finally went to Brasov. Saw the black church though it was closed at the moment. Explored the town and ate some food. Was awesome!
6: Cross. So while this tour does not go up to the cross he does try to point out, waather permitting, the cross on the mountain! Super cool.
Side note: Tour guide went above and beyond taking me to airport and tried to help me recover my lost passport.
It was a fabulous and long day. I was surprised to be the only person on the tour and Rasem still took me out. Peles Castle is amazing, just running the gauntlet before Bran Castle with all the souvenirs was fun, and being able to stop in Brasnov and hit Oktoberfest for a meal was so much fun. Thank you for such a fun day and great experience!
A fantastic day with our guide visiting the castles. Beautiful scenery in each of the places we visited.
We were taken aback by the sheer opulamce of Peles Castle.
I am glad we visited in a quieter period as I imagine it gets very busy in height of summer.
Really great experience with a very knowledgeable guide, Rasem Sabi. First, I was the only person who booked the tour and was expecting to be told that it would be cancelled like another I had booked. Not so, instead, Rasem picked me up as agreed and took me to all the wonderful places on this tour. The most beautiful castle was Peles Castle. Amazing! You have to see it to believe it. I also loved the tour of Brasov, which was the last stop on the tour before heading back to Bucharest. Brasov has one of the prettiest old town areas I've ever seen. It was really great to sit and watch the world go by at a relaxing pace. Everything seems so relaxed there. Next time I head to Romania, I am definitely staying there. After the tour I asked if there was any chance that I would be able to see the Romanian Sphinx. I was ready for a no but thought I'd ask anyways, and once again Rasem made it happen. If you get a chance, I highly recommend a tour to the Hero's Cross, The Sphinx of Bucegi, and the Babele. I felt like I was on top of the world. The views from the Carpathians are breathtaking.
A quick thank you to Rasem and the local tour company for these awesome tours - Thank you!!!
The tour went ahead despite me being the only customer. Exceptionally good customer service.
All entrance fees are excluded and they comprise a significant fraction of the tour price. So carry some RON cash with you.