Don’t worry—here are some similar options
1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
Food-lovers and independent travelers alike will enjoy a 2-hour do-it-yourself cooking class in Budapest. Using a personal tablet and fresh local ingredients, learn to prepare two Hungarian favorites: chicken paprikash (chicken with paprika) and rákóczi (cottage cheese). Staff are always on hand to answer questions or offer suggestions. While you chop, stir, and simmer, enjoy a taste of palinka (fruit brandy) or unicum (herbal liqueur).
- Learn to prepare two traditional dishes
- Taste a classic alcoholic beverage
- Eat a 2-course Hungarian lunch
- Use provided ingredients and materials
Saved to wishlist!
All ingredients and tools needed to easily make your own Hungarian Chicken Paprikash at our downtown Budapest location
Traditional Chicken paprikash and home-made Hungarian-style Rákóczi cottage cheese
Palinka or Unicum tasting (can be substituted upon request)
The listed price does not include parking
The listed price does not include hotel pickup or drop-off
Departure & Return
Location Name: Central Budapest, on Dob Utca in the Jewish Quarter, Budapest Makery (Directions and drop pin are emailed) Location Address: Budapest, Dob u. 38, 1072 Hungary Directions: Budapest Makerty is located in the heart of the jewish quarter, in the 7th District. Please find here an exact google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/BGeu8H6MDRL2 From Deák Ferenc tér metro stations: walk South East down the main road, Károly ave. On the Northeast side of the ave, turn left on Dob utca. Walk up 3.5 blocks and you'll see Budapest Makery on the left side of the street. This is located before Klauzál park.
Departure PointCentral Budapest, on Dob Utca in the Jewish Quarter, Budapest Makery (Directions and drop pin are emailed)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY Budataste
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 87901P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeBudapestCooking Classes - BratislavaCooking Classes - SchwechatCooking Classes - ViennaCategory
Andrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)Central Market Hall (Nagycsarnok)KecskemétSándor Palace (Sándor Palota)Adam Clark Square (Clark Ádám Tér)Hungarian National Museum (Magyar Nemzeti Múzeum)Budapest Pinball MuseumKazinczy Street SynagogueHungarian Academy of SciencesBudapest History Museum (Castle Museum)Liszt Ferenc Square (Liszt Ferenc Tér)Budapest City Park (Városliget)Budapest Liberty Square (Szabadság Tér)Danube Palace (Duna Palota)Buda Castle Funicular (Budavári Sikló)Lake BalatonMuseum of Military History (Hadtörténeti Múzeum)Memento ParkHouse of Parliament (Országház)Holy Trinity Column (Szentháromság-Szobor)