Call (888) 651-9785
A really good small group with a guide that knew her information We found the tour very interesting Graves like small houses Lots of history here
Not the best experience I have ever had. A little too much time in the cemetery for my liking. Perhaps two hours is not quite enough, perhaps that is why the guide was trying to sell us the morning tour which on all accounts is longer.
Stewart M Australia
Interesting, particularly the cemeterary tour and stories
I enjoyed the cemetery. But my guide showed up eating. And then she answered her phone multiple times throughout the tour. I also feel like there was probably more to see in the cemetery, but we were there less than an hour. Maybe go to the free tour the cemetery holds?
For some reason we thought this was a walking tour of Recoleta, including the cemetary. We were wrong. maybe our fault. It was basically a walk around the cemetary. all done in one and a half hours. we seem to cover every avenue in the cematary. the reason we went was to see the Duarte plot. So I would reccomend just going round on your own and save the money, sorry
My guide was fine and very informative. But when I would ask questions, he told me that that issue was covered in the tour conducted the next day. He seemed to withhold information in the hopes that he could lure me to the next day's tour. Not what I expected. Otherwise, it went fine.
Do not recommend this tour guide at all! Probably some other guides are better as there are many good reviews, but my experience was really bad. Here is my story:
The tour is supposed to last for 2,5 hours. The tour guide was a bit late and I had already gotten a bit worried. Then I encountered her. She told me that I'm the only person participating for the tour today, and because of that the tour wont take quite as long, as with a group it's more slow to move around. I thought that that's nice, a private tour, probably I will get even more out of it!
Here are the good things I have to say about the tour:
- she speaks good English
- she was nice
- she told me a few interesting stories about the graves in Recoleta Cementary
Here are the bad things I have to say about the tour:
- She didn't talk very much for a tour guide. Actually she talked VERY LITTLE. Half of the information I received was because I asked questions myself, for example some really basic info about the cemetary that I think she should have told me without asking!
- The tour lasted less than 1 hour!!! I was quite astonished. I asked if she could maybe tell me something more as I was only in BA for 2 days and wanted to get as much out of my trip as possible. This is also the reason I booked this tour. She said Okay I can show you one more thing. Then she walked me to Evita's monument and the national library, that were 20 meters away afterwards I reviewed that this should have been included in the tour anyway, and now I got it as extra. After that she really seemed eager to get rid off me, so I left. We had started some minutes after 1 pm and finished before 2 pm.
Now I reviewed what what was promised on TripAdvisor about this tour, and there are MANY things that weren't included, even though it should have been. How could it have been, if 2,5 hours turned into less than an hour? I could have understood if the tour had lasted for two hours as it was only me, but this was unacceptable. These are the things that you promise your tour includes, but WERE NOT included:
- 2.5-hour tour
- Learn about the Spanish, British Italian and French influences in this iconic Buenos Aires neighborhood
- led by an informative guide
- introduces you to the architecture, traditions, habits and unique features of Buenos Aires. Each of the sites has a story to tell and your guide will make sure you hear it!
- hear fascinating tales about Evita Peron she didnt tell me the story of Evitas body, which I learned in the other tour
- hear about Admiral Brown
- Stop by Pilar Basilica to admire its stunning architecture
- continue to the Palais de Glace
- Learn about the history of tango from your guide
- visit the National Fine Arts Museum
Thank goodness there was Buenos Aires Free Tour that started at 15.30 highly recommend!!. I went there and I received more information in the first 15 minutes from that tour guide than from this tour guide during the whole tour. I have never met a tour guide as silent as in this tour, most of the time she was quiet.
This was mostly waste of my precious time and waste of money.
Charles M USA
I missed this tour because the "Buenos Aires Sightseeing Tour" ended about an hour and fifteen minutes later than your website description...which meant I was unable to connect with this tour. You might consider including a note on your website that the slipperiness of schedules in Buenos Aires makes it impossible to take both a morning and afternoon tour on the same day. I note that your system requires a star rating which is difficult for you to give since I did not actually take this tour. The one is based on logistics and your web site description.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Thu Feb 22 01:26:23 PST 2018 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330217 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.