Delve deep into Egypt’s ancient history with an 8-hour private tour to Giza and the age-old Saqqara necropolis. Admire the pyramids, Sphinx, and Valley Temple at the Giza Plateau as you learn their history, and take a camel ride. Then, travel to Saqqara to see the Step Pyramid, pyramids carved with early texts, and the richly decorated tomb of Kagemni. An Egyptologist guide, round-trip minivan transport, plus hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Private 8-hour Giza pyramids and Saqqara day trip from Cairo
- See Giza’s UNESCO-listed pyramids, including the Great Pyramid of Cheops
- Enjoy a camel ride and view the Sphinx and Valley Temple
- Visit Saqqara, the ancient necropolis of Egypt’s early capital of Memphis
- See the Step Pyramid of Zoser, carved pyramid texts, and tomb of Kagemni
- Personalized commentary and attention from a private Egyptologist guide
- Private minivan transport with onboard WiFi, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Cairo or Giza hotel, travel by private, air-conditioned minivan to the Giza Plateau, and visit (own expense) the UNESCO-protected pyramids.
Stroll around the ancient tombs, built around 2,500 BC, as your Egyptologist guide shares their history. Admire the Great Pyramid of Cheops, the oldest and largest, and the pyramids of Chephren and Mycerinus. After taking photos, enjoy a 25-minute camel ride, and view the Great Sphinx and Valley Temple, the believed mortuary complex of Chephren.
Break for lunch (own expense) here if you wish before driving to Saqqara, the burial ground for Egypt’s ancient capital of Memphis. Head inside (own expense), and marvel at the Step Pyramid of the Pharaoh Zoser, the world’s oldest complete stone building, from the 27th BC.
Then, view the remains of the Pyramid of Unas, the first inscribed with texts to help its pharaoh in the afterlife. See the Pyramid of Userkaf, and go inside the Pyramid of Teti to see its wall texts. Learn about these unillustrated texts, and then enter the tomb of Kagemni, a noble of Egypt’s Old Kingdom, to admire its wonderful reliefs depicting daily Egyptian life.
Your tour ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.