Are you interested in?
- Enjoy two bestselling tours at one discounted price with this Cancun Super Saver
- Avoid the crowds with early access to Chichen Itza and Holbox Island
- Hear about ancient Maya civilization from a certified archaeologist guide
- See ruins like El Castillo and the Temple of the Jaguars at UNESCO-listed Chichen Itza
- Be wowed by Holbox Island's stunning Caribbean location
- This Viator Exclusive can't be booked anywhere else
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Crown Paradise MP (GO MART VILLAS DEL REY) at 05:00 am
Beach Palace MP at 05:15 am
Presidente Intercontinental PARADERO at 05:40 am
PARADERO HOLIDAY INN-LAS PERLAS at 05:50 am
CRAZY HOT COYOTE at 06:10 am
What To Expect
In the very early hours of the day, your tour begins with hotel pickup in Cancun for the drive to Chichen Itza, where you’ll arrive before most visitors, allowing you to enjoy a peaceful and in-depth experience with your archaeologist guide.
Listen to historical details about the well-preserved ruins of Chichen Itza, a pre-Columbian city that played an important part in Maya civilization from approximately 600 to 1200 AD. Still believed to be sacred by the modern-day Maya community, the site was a pilgrimage and worship destination until the arrival of Spanish conquerors. Hear about the discovery of the site by archaeologists and its UNESCO status, and learn about the mythology and philosophy of some of the ancient ruins. You’ll see sites like the Temple of the Warriors, Temple of the Jaguars, the Observatory and the Temple of Kukulkan, aka El Castillo.
Your tour ends back in Cancun.
Day 1 or Day 2 — Viator Exclusive: Holbox Island Excursion
Your tour starts with pickup for the excursion to Holbox Island. Venture to the stunning turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea and take a boat to the natural reserve. Enjoy free time to explore the area and learn more about its colorful houses, delicious food (own expense), and marine life.
Enjoy the drive back to Cancun, where your tour ends.
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals — from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences — and are not available from other 3rd-party online sellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All visitors to Chichen Itza need to pay a local tax. Only credit card payment the day of the tour or before by paypal.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The only advice had some coffee if you drink and carry some snack because they serve while returning which is kind of late maybe because of schedule meet" See review