Are you interested in?
- Full-day shark-diving tour from Cape Town
- Journey into the open ocean from Gansbaai, a fishing village known for its dense population of great white sharks
- Enjoy breakfast at the Great White House
- Learn about the sharks in their natural habitat from an onboard marine biologist
- Jump into a cage as your lowered into the water, which is the natural habitat of great white sharks
- Bring home a video of your experience (own expense)
Departure & Return
Please arrive 3 hours before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start at the Great White House, Gansbaai’s shark diving center, where you’ll eat breakfast, and meet your guides for the day. After eating, get fitted into the appropriate diving gear.
Climb into the specialized diving boat, complete with a shark diving cage, for the 20-minute trip into the ocean. Your captain heads for Dyer Island, choosing an ideal place to stop for the dive.
The cage is secured to the side of the boat, and during the cage dives it stays a few feet (meters) below the surface of the water. This means it’s easy for you to get out of the water at any point when you want to.
The boat stays anchored in this diving spot for roughly two hours, depending on shark activity. During that time, there are drinks and snacks for you aboard the boat. After the boat returns to Gansbaai, enjoy light refreshments back at the Great White House. You can choose to buy a professional video of your shark cage diving experience (own expense).
Your experience concludes with a drop-off at your hotel in Cape Town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- You must contact the local service provider to confirm your exact pickup time
- It is recommended that you wear a swim-suit underneath your clothes
- This tour typically departs at 9am, however if the weather conditions are bad in the morning, the tour will leave in the afternoon; this will be confirmed by the tour operator close to the day of your tour
- Please note: Sharks are wild animals and their presence cannot be guaranteed. Every experience that guests have w, is educational from start to finish. The local supplier works with wild life and nature and sightings are never guaranteed. If a shark has been sighted from the boat, they will consider that a successful trip. If there is no shark activity while on a shark cage diving tour with the supplier, then a voucher will be offered. This voucher is not transferable – your name and passport number will be recorded on the voucher. The transfer fee is non-refundable.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Marine Dynamics
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms