Everything about this trip was amazing. It was conducted by Marine Dynamics and they were incredible. Everything was organized. Our driver was great. We were picked up from a local Cape Town hotel and he made our trip enjoyable. He even dropped us off at the wharf instead of our hotel per our request. We were greeted with a nice meal. The marine biologist Stephanie was very knowledgable. She answered all our questions and guided us so we had the best experience with the sharks possible. They have hot chocolate/tea and fresh towels ready when you get out of the water. We saw 14 great white sharks and they were clearly visible even from the boat deck. The boat was clean and had plenty of room - two stories so you can spread out and snap plenty of pics. We returned to heaters the water is quite cold, warm soup and great service. Dress warm even if it is a sunny day - it's windy away from the shore and the water is quite cold. Highly recommend this trip. It was incredible!
What an amazing experience! We had such a great day and learned so much at the same time. Cannot recommend this excursion enough. Sarah was great with everyone and a wealth of knowledge. The whole team made this unforgettable.
Amazing experience.. Everyone from the guy who picked us up from our hotel up to the crew on the ship and also at the base were very nice...
a bucket list experience!
Worth every penny. We saw a total of 8 sharks while we were out there. Staff was so nice and accommodating. Definitely a must do while in Cape Town!!
Excellent trip! Pick up was 5 am. Over 2 hour drive from Cape Town. Breakfast, briefing, sharks dive, sea lions on the way back, dinner, and return to cape town. I was back shortly after 4pm
- Breakfast: potatoes, eggs, bacon, bread. Lunch: light sandwich, hot coco, salt and vinegar chips. Dinner: soup and buttered bread
- Nice boat specific for shark dives. Steady less sea sickness. Boat ride out about 20 min and back a little more as you go through shark alley to see sea lions
- Staff is excellent. Kind and always willing to answer questions
- Guaranteed a marine biologist on board to answer questions and give some background
- Provided a dry clean wet suit, sturdy rain jacket to cut the cold wind on the boat ride, and a towel when you climb out
- Sharks were amazing! We saw 14 different sharks, the biggest about 14-15 feet. Each person saw 2-3 while in the cage, but they would pass by many times
- I had over an hour in the cage! Each person gets about 30 min. They don't time it, but instead try to give everyone a similar experience. If there is time at the end they will let you go again if you ask
- The record a video available for purchase 150 rand
- They take pictures that are posted on the website free of charge
- The water was very still and the extremely clear! We lucked out. Go in the cage 1st, the water gets murky from the bait and chum as the day goes on
- There were 34 people on board 32 of which were diving. The boat was big enough, but this meant less time in the water and harder to take pictures from the boat everyone wanted the side with the cage
- Just enough food, but no seconds
- They record a video, but the editing in minimal. They basically stick the clips together. There was no underwater shots on the video, but they had an underwater go-pro running most of the time. They don't give you a disc, but a download code, so maybe the final product has more editing/underwater shots?
Best spot in the cage: end toward back of boat!
one word....AWESOME! you can NOT miss this tour. book it now!! this group does so much more than tours...they do research and conservation efforts so every dollar you spend helps further the study and conservation of these magnificent animals. we saw at least 8 sharks on our half day. be warned though....your hotel pickup time may be anywhere from 2am - 4am depending on where your hotel is at. the drive is 2.5 hours from cape town so bring something to keep you busy!
well, point one - take sea sickness pills or patches - even if you've never had a problem! I have been in water my whole life and never got ill - this was a shock! outside of that, awesome! you don't have to go underwater in the cage if you don't want to which was a plus as I thought I had to snorkel. better pics from on the boat vs in the cage for me - it was too fast in the water. we saw about 10 sharks that day with the last one being the biggest! long drive to get there from Camps Bay but well worth it!
INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE ALL ROUND! So much food, great video, lovely staff, lots of time in the cage!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Wed Dec 07 10:41:51 PST 2016 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330209 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.