Are you interested in?
- Leave from the V&A Waterfront and fly above its bustling working harbor
- Enjoy views of the City Bowl and circle Table Mountain -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See several famous Cape Town mountains: Signal Hill, Lion’s Head, Twelve Apostles
- Soar above the Atlantic Seaboard's undeniably gorgeous beaches
Departure & Return
We are the red building with sign Cape Town Helicopters.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you gain altitude, one of the first things you’ll see is Cape Town’s City Bowl from above. The natural amphitheater is framed by the impressive mountains that help define the city — Table Mountain and Lion’s Head among them.
Soar over Cape Town Stadium, one of the host venues for the 2010 World Cup, and then circle Table Mountain for an unforgettable view of the landmark from all sides. From this lofty vantage point, it’s easy to see the patchwork of colors that nature has made — greens and browns of Table Mountain and Signal Hill Mountain next to the deep blue of the Atlantic Ocean.
Fly past Lion’s Head and along the Atlantic coast, where — if it’s a clear enough day — you may even be able to see Robben Island in the distance. Look for the mountain range known as the Twelve Apostles, which runs along the Atlantic coast of the Cape Peninsula. Spot the pretty white sand beaches, including those at Camps Bay, Clifton Beach and Llandudno Beach — all popular beach resort towns.
Continue past Karbonkelberg Mountain before flying over Hout Bay Harbour, and then — after about 18 minutes of flying time — head back toward the helipad at the V&A Waterfront to end your exhilarating tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants from 3 months to 1 year are permitted on board the helicopter provided they do not occupy a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers 2 years old and above
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Helicopter tours may be shared with members of other parties; helicopters seat up to 6 people.
- Seating allocated according to Weight & Balance approval prior to your flight
- Lockers provided for excess luggage
- Personal cameras and mobile phones are allowed on board
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cape Town Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms